• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provider Changed Wife's Medical Chart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briankulp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

My wife's provider changed her medical chart after my wife argued with her over how she cared for my wife. I have before and after screenshots of the change. The change took pace 2 months after the actual office visit. Is there an RCW in Washington or a federal law with a statue of limitation on changing medical charts? My wife ended up having to change providers after finding out that one of the "providers" wasn't licensed to practice even though she was performing medical procedures and administering medicine.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My wife's provider changed her medical chart after my wife argued with her over how she cared for my wife. I have before and after screenshots of the change. The change took pace 2 months after the actual office visit. Is there an RCW in Washington or a federal law with a statue of limitation on changing medical charts? My wife ended up having to change providers after finding out that one of the "providers" wasn't licensed to practice even though she was performing medical procedures and administering medicine.
What sort of change was made?

briankulp

The provider added information that wasn't in there before. She added a whole "Conversation" she had with my wife on the phone. I don't know hw she remembered a phone conversation 2 months later.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The provider added information that wasn't in there before. She added a whole "Conversation" she had with my wife on the phone. I don't know hw she remembered a phone conversation 2 months later.
I don't see a problem with adding a note such as this.

quincy

Here is a link to the law: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.02

See 70.02.100 - Correction or amendment of record
See 70.02.110 - Correction or amendment or statement of disagreement

What exactly do you plan to do about the additional information added to the record?

Last edited:

briankulp

Here is a link to the law: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcs/default.aspx?cite=70.02

See 70.02.100 - Correction or amendment of record
See 70.02.110 - Correction or amendment or statement of disagreement

What exactly do you plan to do about the additional information added to the record?
Well there is more to the story...This same person we found out has someone un-licensed working for them and provide medical procedures. We are not sure at this point if it is worth pursuing other then turning her into the state.

quincy

...This same person we found out has someone un-licensed working for them and provide medical procedures ...
How did you find this out?

Please be careful what you say to others without PROOF of the truth of what you say.

ajkroy

Well there is more to the story...This same person we found out has someone un-licensed working for them and provide medical procedures. We are not sure at this point if it is worth pursuing other then turning her into the state.
And make sure you know what you are talking about. Medical Assistants, for example, only have certification and do not require such to work in the field. Many receive on-the-job training to become MAs and can perform EKGs, phlebotomy, spirometry, audiometry, give injections, perform vital signs, assist with xrays, surgery, remove sutures, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">