• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scarred by unlicensed person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ApathyS

What is the name of your state - Florida

I went to a Medical center that advertised tattoo removal online by injecting a solution under the skin to excavate the ink and their website also advertised it by being performed by only medical doctors and dermatologists. I was told by the person who performs it that I was a great candidate and promised results and was told that it always works and they never saw a case where it didn't work. Well, it did not work for me and I received horrible scars. The lady who did the procedure only works for a doctor and has no medical license and is not a nurse, I learned. I never met or was examined by the "Doctor" and after I questioned her on what happened she stopped answering my emails and calls. I, then, looked up the Doctor's email (the Doctor who owns the practice) and emailed him photos and he replied that he will look into it. Again, I waited and no answers. I then emailed him back asking that I get my $350 back and answers as to what I was injected with and why I scarred. He then said that he had to consult the people in England who created the solution and they advised him that I was not a good candidate after reviewing my 2 megapixel pictures I had sent to him and stated that my tattoo was put in too deep! He did not answer any other questions about the procedure that I asked, so apparently he has no knowledge of this procedure either. I am so upset that I went there and am stuck with ugly circular scars on my back where it looks like someone has made 20 cuts! This Doctor advertised the procedure as being "Administered by only Medical Doctors and Dermatologists" but a Doctor never saw me, examined me or properly diagnosed me and the person who did the procedure is a Not a Doctor or a Nurse nor has a license. Even after I complained, the Doctor refused to see me. Is it allowed in Florida to examine and perform this type of tattoo removal without and license if you only say you work under a Doctor? The procedure is done by a large needle which injects a solution into the skin repeatedly in a circular motion. Am I entitled to receive compensation from what happened to me since I see this Doctor as being a fraud who put someone inexperienced in a position to misdiagnose and hurt me with scarring my back?!

ecmst12

So you didn't ask to see the license before you let them inject things into your body? You didn't ask the practitioner her credentials even?

justalayman

have you ever checked to confirm the "doctor" is actually a real doctor?

I suspect there was no malpractice because I suspect there was no doctor. What you have is, if the procedure requires a medical license, is practicing medicine without a license. That would be illegal so the state would love to know about it but it also gives you the basis for a suit. If no license is required, you have a tort claim for personal injury.

Adam G

It sounds like consumer fraud in addition to malpractice to me. I'd definitely consult a local attorney, permanent scarring is usually worth some money in a med mal case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">