• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

side effects?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conchykitten

What is the name of your state? Florida, I was put on a certain anitdepressant at the beginning of the month. I got light headed the other day, blacked out and fell. I hit my head & busted my lip opened. I paged my Dr. but he never returned my call. I called his office the next day and was instructed to come in or go to the ER. I went in and ended up having a seizure in the exam room in front of the nurse & my husband. The Dr. never came in & instead instructed us to go to the ER. Where I had two more seizures. I've never had a seizure before in my life. I told the ER Dr. what I was taking and had every test under the sun. They all came back normal. When I got home I read over the, "Possible Side Effects" to my med. & the first thing under "Contact Your Dr. Immediately" IS SEIZUERS! Is this consider Medical Malpratice? :confused:

ellencee

What damages are you claiming are related to any medical person?

You had a side-effect to a medication.

Your MD had no duty to return a paged message to you. When you went to your physician's office, you were appropriately sent to the ER where you received a thorough workup, ruling out any underlying disease or brain lesion and placing you exactly where you needed to be for your own safety and availability of emergency care.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the care you received.

EC

rmet4nzkx

What is the name of the antidepressant?
Did you consult with the pharmacist and read the insert re the Rx and possible side effects?
Do you have a history of head injury, eating disorders, low BP, if so did you tell your doctor and did you tell the pharmacist? Were you dehydrated? Any other adverse reactions to Rx?
Having an adverse drug reaction is not negligence or malpractice, it is a wake up call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">