• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slightly off topic: Doctors office about to cost me my license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CygnusX1

State: Virginia

My psychiatrists office seems to think they don't have to due their jobs and can intentionally lose important paperwork of mine since instead of finding a new doc I have no issue putting their nurses in their place.

I have to have DMV medical reviews done bi-yearly due to medication I take for mental illness.

Last year I sought out a rediagnosis after a couple docs and family telling me they believe I was misdiagnosed. The same diagnosis was given to me however main psychs office office became very hostile afterwards. Nurses began hassling me about being on disability, my phone calls concerning med refills were frequently ignored and notes I left for my doctors were misplaced as well as docs ignoring me saying I was symptomatic or acting as if I was faking. I called and spoke to the director threatening to report the practice to the board and everything went back to normal.

In June received my DMV paperwork and immediately dropped it off. In mid July I called to ensure it was faxed out as then they decide to tell me I needed to full out release forms, and acted as if they didn't want to fax out any portion they didn't fill out.

Last week I received a letter from the DMV stating they never got the paperwork and if they don't get by the 20th I must surrender my license. I called immediately and told them to fax it out asap and to leave the paperwork up front so I could mail it out as a backup. Monday morning I went to pick it up. It wasn't in the office as they said it would be and the next 45 minutes I sat in the waiting area behind ignored by the nurses aside from hostile glares. I got another copy of the paperwork, handed it to the receptionist and made it Crystal Clear I needed it by the appt Friday. They said no guarantees and I stormed out. Once I made it home I called the DMV and explained to situation to them and they said there's not much they could do. I called the doc, left a very calm and polite message for the head nurse and they didn't call back.

If I don't get this paperwork in by the deadline not only will I lose my privilege but I have to pay hundreds in examination fees to get it back. If this occurs can I take them to court to recoup costs associated with losing and getting my license back?

Dave1952

Have you spoken with your physician about this matter? Did he/she decide that you should not be driving? This sounds like a communication problem. You mention a Friday appointment. Have the necessary paperwork with you at this appointment and ask the doctor to sign it. That eliminates the middlemen (i.e. the nurses and receptionist).

CygnusX1

My physician asked me to furnish a copy of my driving record and signed off on all the paperwork. His nurses are responsible for filling and faxing.

CygnusX1

The appt Friday is a regular checkup. I've called once more today and if I don't receive a call back I'll be speaking to the director in person and given how drastically things changed last I spoke with her I'm pretty confident my lost paperwork will be found within minutes.

Proserpina

I suspect that within a rather short period of time you will no longer be a patient at that facility. Perhaps you should expedite your search for a new physician, because you're going to need one sooner or later - and probably sooner than you think.

Dave1952

If you've lost your paperwork then get new paperwork, Bring everything that you need for your driver license to your friday appointment. If you don't, you'll soon be walking. Once you have the necessary SIGNED paperwork go immediately to the DMV.
I' ve Worked in major medical centers. I' ve worked in group practices. Nurses don't file or fax very much. You've given your paperwork to the wrong people.

CygnusX1

I've handed my paperwork to the right people. In fact the people I was told to. Unfortunately these nurses are vindictive ****s and shall be treated as such.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I've handed my paperwork to the right people. In fact the people I was told to. Unfortunately these nurses are vindictive ****s and shall be treated as such.
That sounds quite threatening. I hope you take Proserpina's advice and find a new practice.

CygnusX1

They can act however they'd like. They got their asses chewed by the director once already and they have no say in who is treated there, only the director does.

I will be speaking with her first thing in the morning and I will be filing complaints with the state nurses board and the state secretary as well. If they'd like to refuse to see me after that then so be it, Ill be given 3 months of refills Fri which will give me plenty of time to find a new doc. I will not be treated like this simply for undergoing a rediagnosis. If they find no wrong dping it will still make their work life a living hell as and investigation and administrative hearings are being done.

Silverplum

They can act however they'd like. They got their asses chewed by the director once already and they have no say in who is treated there, only the director does.

I will be speaking with her first thing in the morning and I will be filing complaints with the state nurses board and the state secretary as well. If they'd like to refuse to see me after that then so be it, Ill be given 3 months of refills Fri which will give me plenty of time to find a new doc. I will not be treated like this simply for undergoing a rediagnosis. If they find no wrong dping it will still make their work life a living hell as and investigation and administrative hearings are being done.
Have a nice evening.

Proserpina

Cygnus, are you familiar with the term, "common denominator"?

(For what it's worth, what you would like to happen won't happen, and you won't be told why)

CygnusX1

Jokes on them. Went in this morning and was told by the receptionist that it had all been taken care of. I sternly replied that no it has not. I was asked to sit down and a nurse brought out the paperwork and asked to fill out a portion only the doctor is supposed to fill out.

Went home and called the DMV and once I told them I was asked to fill out the medical report they transferred me over to someone who deals with enforcement. After speaking with them they said they would be investigating the practice.

Spoke with the Directors secretary afterwards and she wrote down every detail of this ordeal and it will be reviewed and I will receive a follow up tomorrow.

ajkroy

Wait, the DMV is going to be investigating the medical practice?? :D:D:D You do realize that the DMV has no authority whatsoever over them, right? I'll bet your complaint went directly into the garbage the minute you left the premises.

Keep up what you're doing and you're going to have a difficult time finding a new doctor. No one will want to treat someone who is so disrespectful to their staff. I have managed medical offices and we would have fired you long ago (yes, a doctor can "fire" a patient).

Do yourself a favor and get some therapy and a bus pass.

Silverplum

Jokes on them. Went in this morning and was told by the receptionist that it had all been taken care of. I sternly replied that no it has not. I was asked to sit down and a nurse brought out the paperwork and asked to fill out a portion only the doctor is supposed to fill out.

Went home and called the DMV and once I told them I was asked to fill out the medical report they transferred me over to someone who deals with enforcement. After speaking with them they said they would be investigating the practice.

Spoke with the Directors secretary afterwards and she wrote down every detail of this ordeal and it will be reviewed and I will receive a follow up tomorrow.
Because Q4P.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">