• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stitches never removed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marymm

What is the name of your state? CT

About 20 years ago, I had cut my foot open and severed tendons. I had surgery and stitches. A couple of yrs ago, I had pain in my foot and a sore that was infected. I went to a podiatrist and he told me it was a bunion and gave me a cortisone shot. A few months later, (it never healed) A few months later, I noticed something blue sticking out of my foot and got the tweezers and pulled out a stitch. It healed and that was that. I am having the same problem again and I see another stitch in there. I went to my doctor and he tried to get it out, but he said it is infected and may be wrapped around something and i need to go to a surgeon. For all these years, I have been in pain and just thought it was because I cut the tendons in my foot and just had to live with it. Everyone I know tells me to talk to a lawyer, but my question is, are there stitches that are just left in ? I can't remember 20 yrs ago, what happened, but I know I had a cast on my leg for months and Im thinking that when I went back to get the cast off, that the skin grew over the stitches and maybe the doctor thought they fell out on their own????

panzertanker

marymm said:
What is the name of your state? CT

About 20 years ago, I had cut my foot open and severed tendons. I had surgery and stitches. A couple of yrs ago, I had pain in my foot and a sore that was infected. I went to a podiatrist and he told me it was a bunion and gave me a cortisone shot. A few months later, (it never healed) A few months later, I noticed something blue sticking out of my foot and got the tweezers and pulled out a stitch. It healed and that was that. I am having the same problem again and I see another stitch in there. I went to my doctor and he tried to get it out, but he said it is infected and may be wrapped around something and i need to go to a surgeon. For all these years, I have been in pain and just thought it was because I cut the tendons in my foot and just had to live with it. Everyone I know tells me to talk to a lawyer, but my question is, are there stitches that are just left in ? I can't remember 20 yrs ago, what happened, but I know I had a cast on my leg for months and Im thinking that when I went back to get the cast off, that the skin grew over the stitches and maybe the doctor thought they fell out on their own????
Or they were absorbing stitches that did not absorb.
No malicious intent here thus far. Get your records, if you can, to see if you had nylon or gut stitches, and how many.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">