• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Dentist, Dentist has been served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahder123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?State: Georgia,

I am back with an update with my previous case I shared with you few months ago.
I wrote when I was preparing to sue a Dentist, whom I visited for braces based on his Internet Ad for Invisilign in 2003. He said I was not a good candidate for invisilgn( Other Orthodontists I later visited said that I would be)This Dentist however recomended that I get an implant on another missing tooth. He told me that implants come before braces, which I later verfied was a lie. I agreed with his recomendation and I pre-paid him with my credit card inorder to use a Flex Spending money to avoid the penality if I didn't use it by the end of December 2003.

He then said I had 11 cavities and refused to do my implant if I didn't get it filled. Since he was not under my insurance, I told him I'd go to my regular dentist. He didn't like it, he offered to do it for $179 each. He always bargined, going to his office sometimes felt like going to a car Dealership. He tries to sell me electric brush for discounted price, etc.

My regular dentist whom I trust more however argued and said I would only need 4 fillings and will only do it on those. These two dentists played me back and forth delaying my treatment to months.

I then requested my money back, he agreed to return my money in Jan 2005 and didn't get back with me until October which was when I faxed him a letter saying that I was getting ready to sue if he doesn't give me my money back. He calls me back saying "what money?" Actually you owe me about $600
I was furious...I filed a complaint with the board of Dentististry, BBB, and GA Mag court and he was served on DEC 02 of this year. I am well prepared with my receipts and faxes. Besides, haven't signed any payment plan or agreement. I am however nervous, I am all by my own. I am certain he may have an attorney, and I wonder If I should also hire one? This dentist is an X-clothing sales person. He is very articulate and overwhelmingly talkative. That is how he convienced me to do all the stupid mistakes I made. My legal q is, How many minutes am I allowed to explain to the judge? I have more details than I said here but I am afraid to offend the judge? ....How to effectively communicate my case with a judge is my q? Thanks You!

Dania

Suing dentist

If I were you, I would go to a Magistrate court and sit with ongoing case to familiarize myself. Why are you so nervous? Do you think he could be well prepared than you?

BTW,

It is a sweet Bitter Lesson not to Prepay a Dentist, how more stupid can one be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">