• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surgical Error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Florida

I had a sebacous cyst cut out about 2 years ago and it starting growing back one year later. It got to the point 5 weeks ago where it could be cut out by a competent surgeon. The first doctor simply knifed me, he did not cut out the sac hence it grew again and I recall did not even properly bandage me up. I am not having to have surgery again to cut out this old sac and my current surgeon is amazed it did not become infected. Last time I was faced with malpractice no lawyer would take my case because damages would be so small they would not do it on a percentage fee. Do I have a case this time?

ecmst12

Sebaceous cysts recur, that is known and does not indicate any negligence. And no, your damages (even if there was negligence) would not justify the cost of litigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">