• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Switching attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike1jones2016

I recently submitted a case to a large medical malpractice firm. I have on two occasions received letters from them stating my case has been transfered and being handled by another attonrey in the firm. What does that mean and why does is my file being moved around?

Proserpina

I recently submitted a case to a large medical malpractice firm. I have on two occasions received letters from them stating my case has been transfered and being handled by another attonrey in the firm. What does that mean and why does is my file being moved around?
What did they say when you asked this question?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What did they say when you asked them?

ETA: Yeah, that.

Last edited:

Zigner

Just curious if that is typical. Looking for an honest answer as to why that type of thing might happen
Maybe the attorney died.
Maybe the attorney's mom died.
Maybe the attorney's cat died.
Maybe the attorney's cousin died.
Maybe the attorney is sick.
Maybe the attorney's mom is sick.
Maybe the attorney's cat is sick.
Maybe the attorney's cousin is sick.

Ask THEM :rolleyes:

Oh - I almost forgot. US law only.

Mike1jones2016

Well the First Lady who had it evaluated it submitted it and then it got passed to another attorney who had it for awhile. They started doing research in it more and hired some expert witnesses to evaluate it further. Just recently I got a letter saying it got moved again to another attorney

Zigner

Is that normal at law firms? Very simple question if you don't know don't answer.
Whether it's "normal" depends on the reason for the switches. I suppose you could attempt to discover the reason behind the switches by contacting the law firm, but another (apparently appealing) option is to go online and ask random strangers...

Mike1jones2016

They could just lie and say its standard procedure for multiple attorneys to review it. See what I'm saying dummy.... Do I need to spell it out for you more?

Mike1jones2016

I'm asking if it is in fact typical or if it means something else. Have other people felt with the same thing? Not your useless obvious answers

Zigner

They could just lie and say its standard procedure for multiple attorneys to review it. See what I'm saying dummy.... Do I need to spell it out for you more?
If you feel that your attorney/law firm is going to lie to you, then you need to find a different attorney/law firm. When you do, ask THEM.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">