• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a law against doctors who refuse to give you treatment that you wanted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecmst12

I can pretty much assure you that you do not know more than ANY doctor. And I can't even understand what the heck you're talking about, so how on earth do you think you can communicate effectively with your doctor?

king101

I can tell you for a 100% fact that just because you tell a doctor that you want a particular treatment, the doctor has no legal obligation to give you that treatment and the law will not force him to do so. He's the one who went to medical school, not you. He knows better than you do what is appropriate.

This applies to mental health doctors as well.

I cannot provide you with a website because there is not a website with laws that don't exist. There is not going to be a law giving a doctor permission to refuse to give you the treatment you wanted; it's because there is no law saying he has to treat you the way you want that means the doctor is on the right side of the law.
Let me make it clear for those who are looking and seeing, just becuase a doctor or teacher and a repair guy gose to school. Dose not main that he or she is the best person or knows what they are doing and has the anwsers. As must of us shound all know just becuase a paper thats is name diploma that is handed to a person. Dose not main that this doctor or teacher holds the title of what they got that diploma's for.

You can know about all the books, you can know about everything from easy to the hardcore stuff. Its still dose not matter becuase the person can very well not hold the title all or very little. When i talk about title's there are alot of things that people do not see or even care to do. Not so much of doctor who dont wonna give you what you want, but much more then that it gets down and hard.

Now what i main by this is, a doctor has two title's, one is Leadership the other one is knowledge. Im breaking it down as im talking, when you put two and two together your making a DNA, kinda like a type of sex. We all know that 1+1 is 2, right.

Now a warrior is a type of leader, the sword he has is a type of knowledge. Without the right leadership the knowledge is nothing, the sword that the warrior has is nothing. If the man dose not know how to use the sword right way. Oh sure you can use the sword for what you already know but how about using it other then what you already see like for something that you never notice or see before. A warrior must be able to be prepare of what he may see and must be open to any and all stuff, even in hearing out things out and working with it to getting things done right way in get the matters over and done with.

My point is, a doctor is a leader with the two edge sword. leadership is not by the tools you have, but its by how you use it. You can know just about everything and have the nerve to say that i went to med school and you did not. Just becuase you know alot dose not mean your helping or really seeing whats going on. A leader thats a leader will not go by knowledge of his to selfish at one or more people. A real leader will go and see the point of view of the people first before he and she can draw out what they know to tell you or think. A large part of the problem in alot these doctors and psychologist now is they keen to own point of viewsand not the other guys.

Im sorry but when you take the role of leadership you must be open to any and all.

Even your sure as a doctor or leader,the persons that come to you find another point of view a leader must be open and see if there a possabillty as to what they may say. And not be selfish in using your own views over the people who come to you. A leader must be open to all like a warrior with his sword he must be open for any attack that the wild life brings and not put himself in a matter of just prepare himself base on stuff that he knows. Also the fighter must know when to use his sword and knows the time not the use it. Im sure now you know the just of my point here.

even do you say that theres no laws as to what im asking for i feel that there is something related out there. And even not just becuasde something has been like it was before dose not mean it cant be turn around.

:cool:

king101

If you were able to tell your Doctor your point of view, then s/he DID listen to you. Fow whatever reason, s/he considers you request not a (choose one) suitable/safe/reasonable treatment.

Unless it's a life threatening emergency, Physicians are not required to treat you. If you are unhappy with your present Physician and current treatment, find another one who may better suit your needs.
sometimes your statement holds up and sometimes not.

king101

I always enjoy the irony of someone asking about how to influence a mental health professional as to treatment while working in a mental health slur.

Your word choice is offensive and beneath this board.

If you don't like your doctor, find another one. After two or three refuse to treat you the way you want, maybe you will believe that the years of specialized schooling and training that doctors go through may give them a bit more knowledge on the subject than something you read on the internet.
base on your posting reply, the system seems to let anyone have the gold key do they? They dont seem tp pick the best people to work with others am i right?:rolleyes:

king101

I recently left my psychologist because I felt he wasn't medicating me right, and he didn't care that his meds were making no difference. So I want to a neurologist, and got what I wanted. Plus my PCP is awesome and prescribes what I want as well.

now I feel better.

try that.

Ps, psychologists don't care if you are happy or not, they just want you to be stable mentally. Its not their job to make you "get happy"' just make you on the same level of unhappy at all times.
Thats the problem that we got and theres know one to stand up to it:(

king101

psychiatrist then.

my mistake. :cool: I always mix them up.

coincidentally I dropped them both. the whole practice. they aren't getting my money to run me around in circles, costing me money in scripts that make no difference to my issues. (rage)
can you plase give me info about neurologists I like to know more if your willing?

king101

There are cases where when a doctor listens to a patient, and does what the patient wants, and the results are good, the doctor is sued, and he loses. The rational is that he is the professional, and doing what he doesn't think is correct, even if the patient wants it, can be construed as treating in a negligent manner.
So are you trying to say that it might be a way to get him if i wanted to since he may refuse to work with me well on things that manners more right?

please can you provide a summery on that?

king101

I can pretty much assure you that you do not know more than ANY doctor. And I can't even understand what the heck you're talking about, so how on earth do you think you can communicate effectively with your doctor?
I never said that i know more then a doctor

lealea1005

sometimes your statement holds up and sometimes not.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So are you trying to say that it might be a way to get him if i wanted to since he may refuse to work with me well on things that manners more right?
No, that is NOT what Barry is saying....at all.

Now I'm curious....what, exactly, are you asking your Physician to do?

cyjeff

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, that is NOT what Barry is saying....at all.

Now I'm curious....what, exactly, are you asking your Physician to do?
What's the over/under that this particular patient has been taking a certain prescription for a long time and wants to continue on said medication?

This patient assumed that a doctor was a person to whom you told what medications you wanted and they wrote a prescription. Like a scribe with a $500,000 student loan.

Apparently, the doctor disagreed that continuing the medication was the way to go.

lealea1005

Please don't. Anything you say to me you can say to the other volunteers on this forum. They may have helpful advice for you.

Quote by cyjeff:
What's the over/under that this particular patient has been taking a certain prescription for a long time and wants to continue on said medication?
90/10 ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">