• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a law against doctors who refuse to give you treatment that you wanted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

king101

I live in the state of NJ and i want to know is thee any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in what you want done.

Now lets say that someone comes to a doctors place and you tell your doctor that you like this test to be done to be on the safe side or you think that maybe there will be a better way to address the problem.

So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.

let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better becuase the steps taken was not helping at all to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

Now are these doctors suppost to be for the people right?

there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy right?

I thought that both the patients and doctors work together?

Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help or when tell them that something is not right?

this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.

Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any way to fix your problem or bad services you get ?

I wonna know for real please do not anwser with what you think but anwser with facts that you know of 100%.

please provide a website where i can look up the laws you tell me so i can print them out. please tell me dose thoses laws comply to mental heath doctors as well.

thank you.

Last edited:

Proserpina

I live in the state of NJ and i want to know is thee any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in what you want done.

Now lets say that someone comes to a doctors place and you tell your doctor that you like this test to be done to be on the safe side or you think that maybe there will be a better way to address the problem.

So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.

let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath. and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

Now are thses doctors suppost to be for the people?

are there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy?

I thought that both the patients woirk together.

Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help?

this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.

Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any eway to fix your problem?

I wonna know for real please do not anwser with what you think but anwser with facts that you know of 100%.

please provide a website where i can look up the laws you tell me so i can print them out. please tell me dose thoses laws comply to mental heath doctors as well.

thank you.

The problem is that many patients think they know better than their doctors.

They very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely do.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can tell you for a 100% fact that just because you tell a doctor that you want a particular treatment, the doctor has no legal obligation to give you that treatment and the law will not force him to do so. He's the one who went to medical school, not you. He knows better than you do what is appropriate.

This applies to mental health doctors as well.

I cannot provide you with a website because there is not a website with laws that don't exist. There is not going to be a law giving a doctor permission to refuse to give you the treatment you wanted; it's because there is no law saying he has to treat you the way you want that means the doctor is on the right side of the law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, we'll do it this way.

No. There is not a law against doctors who refuse to give you the treatment that you wanted.

Proserpina

Let me explain further :)

Patients often think they know what's wrong and what's best for them and will go into the physician's office, tell the physician exactly what's wrong and declare "..I need A, B, C & D", and will expect the physician to comply with their wishes.

This is not realistic.

When the physician hesitates or downright refuses (generally because the physician does know best), the patient often takes offense.

Isis1

Op, are you aware that slavery ended a few hundred years ago back when Abe Lincoln was president?

There is no law forcing any private entity to do things your way. You are more than welcome to hunt down a doctor that will.

lealea1005

If you were able to tell your Doctor your point of view, then s/he DID listen to you. Fow whatever reason, s/he considers you request not a (choose one) suitable/safe/reasonable treatment.

Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any eway to fix your problem?
Unless it's a life threatening emergency, Physicians are not required to treat you. If you are unhappy with your present Physician and current treatment, find another one who may better suit your needs.

Mass_Shyster

I cannot provide you with a website because there is not a website with laws that don't exist.
Actually, this would be covered here:

The United States Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1 states:
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

cyjeff

I always enjoy the irony of someone asking about how to influence a mental health professional as to treatment while working in a mental health slur.

Your word choice is offensive and beneath this board.

If you don't like your doctor, find another one. After two or three refuse to treat you the way you want, maybe you will believe that the years of specialized schooling and training that doctors go through may give them a bit more knowledge on the subject than something you read on the internet.

Banned_Princess

I recently left my psychologist because I felt he wasn't medicating me right, and he didn't care that his meds were making no difference. So I want to a neurologist, and got what I wanted. Plus my PCP is awesome and prescribes what I want as well.

now I feel better.

try that.

Ps, psychologists don't care if you are happy or not, they just want you to be stable mentally. Its not their job to make you "get happy"' just make you on the same level of unhappy at all times.

Banned_Princess

Psychologists are not doctors and can't prescribe anything.
psychiatrist then.

my mistake. :cool: I always mix them up.

coincidentally I dropped them both. the whole practice. they aren't getting my money to run me around in circles, costing me money in scripts that make no difference to my issues. (rage)

barry1817

doctors

let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better becuase the steps taken was not helping at all to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

Now are these doctors suppost to be for the people right?

there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy right?

I thought that both the patients and doctors work together?

Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help or when tell them that something is not right?

Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any way to fix your problem or bad services you get ?

thank you.
There are cases where when a doctor listens to a patient, and does what the patient wants, and the results are good, the doctor is sued, and he loses. The rational is that he is the professional, and doing what he doesn't think is correct, even if the patient wants it, can be construed as treating in a negligent manner.

king101

Let me explain further :)

Patients often think they know what's wrong and what's best for them and will go into the physician's office, tell the physician exactly what's wrong and declare "..I need A, B, C & D", and will expect the physician to comply with their wishes.

This is not realistic.

When the physician hesitates or downright refuses (generally because the physician does know best), the patient often takes offense.

Well maybe in some case's where this statement of yours can be agree on one story and another story not at all. Let me tell you the diffreance, lets say i told a doctor that i dont want to be on these meds becuase i dont like the color thats on them lets say pink. If the doctor refuse to give me pills that are not pink. Then the reason why is simply becuase of the fact that i dont like a pill becuase of a color.

In the statement where you said that doctors dont have to listion to the patients will hold out on this matter. Only becuase why in the hell can you refuse to take meds becuase of a color lol, you see what i main. Those are the things that a doctor can think to himself that its really stupide not to take meds becuase of a color on them.

Heres the other differance. A doctor knows best base on what you come to him for, so its really the same thing as me telling him what i feel that i want in terms of getting check out base on gut feelings or maybe something you look up. Yes i can agree that doctors can be right and helpful but that dose not main anything its more of a sometimes thing. Anybody can do those same tools of knowing what there doing and talking about even if your a doctor or not, those tools can apply if you know how to fix cars. I main thats anybody's game.

So just becuase you say that a simple person like a patient dose not know what they are talking about dose not main your right. A person working with people has to look in to it and work together on both sides before you can judge if or not if a patient thinks that he or she knows what they are talking about. thats the true way to handle matters really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">