Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    king101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    34

    Is there a law against doctors who refuse to give you treatment that you wanted?

    I live in the state of NJ and i want to know is thee any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in what you want done.

    Now lets say that someone comes to a doctors place and you tell your doctor that you like this test to be done to be on the safe side or you think that maybe there will be a better way to address the problem.

    So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.

    let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better becuase the steps taken was not helping at all to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

    Now are these doctors suppost to be for the people right?

    there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy right?

    I thought that both the patients and doctors work together?

    Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help or when tell them that something is not right?

    this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.

    Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any way to fix your problem or bad services you get ?

    I wonna know for real please do not anwser with what you think but anwser with facts that you know of 100%.

    please provide a website where i can look up the laws you tell me so i can print them out. please tell me dose thoses laws comply to mental heath doctors as well.

    thank you.
    Last edited by king101; 09-15-2011 at 11:47 AM.
  2. #2
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taking notes
    Posts
    39,593
    Quote Originally Posted by king101 View Post
    I live in the state of NJ and i want to know is thee any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in what you want done.

    Now lets say that someone comes to a doctors place and you tell your doctor that you like this test to be done to be on the safe side or you think that maybe there will be a better way to address the problem.

    So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.

    let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath. and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

    Now are thses doctors suppost to be for the people?

    are there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy?

    I thought that both the patients woirk together.

    Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help?

    this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.

    Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any eway to fix your problem?

    I wonna know for real please do not anwser with what you think but anwser with facts that you know of 100%.

    please provide a website where i can look up the laws you tell me so i can print them out. please tell me dose thoses laws comply to mental heath doctors as well.

    thank you.

    The problem is that many patients think they know better than their doctors.

    They very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely do.
  3. #3
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    34,283
    I can tell you for a 100% fact that just because you tell a doctor that you want a particular treatment, the doctor has no legal obligation to give you that treatment and the law will not force him to do so. He's the one who went to medical school, not you. He knows better than you do what is appropriate.

    This applies to mental health doctors as well.

    I cannot provide you with a website because there is not a website with laws that don't exist. There is not going to be a law giving a doctor permission to refuse to give you the treatment you wanted; it's because there is no law saying he has to treat you the way you want that means the doctor is on the right side of the law.
    Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.
  4. #4
    king101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post
    The problem is that many patients think they know better than their doctors.

    They very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely do.
  5. #5
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    34,283
    Okay, we'll do it this way.

    No. There is not a law against doctors who refuse to give you the treatment that you wanted.
    Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.
  6. #6
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taking notes
    Posts
    39,593
    Quote Originally Posted by king101 View Post

    Let me explain further

    Patients often think they know what's wrong and what's best for them and will go into the physician's office, tell the physician exactly what's wrong and declare "..I need A, B, C & D", and will expect the physician to comply with their wishes.

    This is not realistic.

    When the physician hesitates or downright refuses (generally because the physician does know best), the patient often takes offense.
  7. #7
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,159
    Op, are you aware that slavery ended a few hundred years ago back when Abe Lincoln was president?

    There is no law forcing any private entity to do things your way. You are more than welcome to hunt down a doctor that will.
  8. #8
    lealea1005 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    supratentorial region
    Posts
    2,603
    So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.
    If you were able to tell your Doctor your point of view, then s/he DID listen to you. Fow whatever reason, s/he considers you request not a (choose one) suitable/safe/reasonable treatment.

    Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any eway to fix your problem?
    Unless it's a life threatening emergency, Physicians are not required to treat you. If you are unhappy with your present Physician and current treatment, find another one who may better suit your needs.
  9. #9
    Stevef is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    I dunno. What time is it?
    Posts
    6,260
    Quote Originally Posted by cbg View Post
    I cannot provide you with a website because there is not a website with laws that don't exist.
    Actually, this would be covered here:

    The United States Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1 states:
    No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."
  10. #10
    cyjeff is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,560
    Quote Originally Posted by king101 View Post
    this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.
    I always enjoy the irony of someone asking about how to influence a mental health professional as to treatment while working in a mental health slur.

    Your word choice is offensive and beneath this board.

    If you don't like your doctor, find another one. After two or three refuse to treat you the way you want, maybe you will believe that the years of specialized schooling and training that doctors go through may give them a bit more knowledge on the subject than something you read on the internet.
  11. #11
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York. Long Island.
    Posts
    7,711
    I recently left my psychologist because I felt he wasn't medicating me right, and he didn't care that his meds were making no difference. So I want to a neurologist, and got what I wanted. Plus my PCP is awesome and prescribes what I want as well.

    now I feel better.

    try that.


    Ps, psychologists don't care if you are happy or not, they just want you to be stable mentally. Its not their job to make you "get happy"' just make you on the same level of unhappy at all times.
  12. #12
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    35,518
    Psychologists are not doctors and can't prescribe anything.
  13. #13
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York. Long Island.
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmst12 View Post
    Psychologists are not doctors and can't prescribe anything.
    psychiatrist then.

    my mistake. I always mix them up.


    coincidentally I dropped them both. the whole practice. they aren't getting my money to run me around in circles, costing me money in scripts that make no difference to my issues. (rage)
  14. #14
    barry1817 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern Ca.
    Posts
    1,100

    doctors

    Quote Originally Posted by king101 View Post
    I live in the state of NJ and i want to know is thee any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in what you want done.

    Now lets say that someone comes to a doctors place and you tell your doctor that you like this test to be done to be on the safe side or you think that maybe there will be a better way to address the problem.

    So you tell the doctor your point of view, the doctor refuse to listion to what you say like you never said nothing or he or she saids that we are not gonna do what you ask for.

    let me explane better on what im talking about i got some problems in terms of mental heath and i feel that thoses problem need to be address better becuase the steps taken was not helping at all to makesure of things in a good idea way. doctor or mental haeth doctor says we are not gonna do it.

    Now are these doctors suppost to be for the people right?

    there jobs are suppost to be where they do everything they can to make there people that they get happy right?

    I thought that both the patients and doctors work together?

    Why do doctors get mad whenever you speak up for what you think might help or when tell them that something is not right?

    this stuff is retarded and i feel that there are laws that will help me fight this kind of stuff.

    Will someone please give me info on laws against doctors who refuse to help you in any way to fix your problem or bad services you get ?

    I wonna know for real please do not anwser with what you think but anwser with facts that you know of 100%.

    please provide a website where i can look up the laws you tell me so i can print them out. please tell me dose thoses laws comply to mental heath doctors as well.

    thank you.
    There are cases where when a doctor listens to a patient, and does what the patient wants, and the results are good, the doctor is sued, and he loses. The rational is that he is the professional, and doing what he doesn't think is correct, even if the patient wants it, can be construed as treating in a negligent manner.
  15. #15
    king101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    34

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post
    Let me explain further

    Patients often think they know what's wrong and what's best for them and will go into the physician's office, tell the physician exactly what's wrong and declare "..I need A, B, C & D", and will expect the physician to comply with their wishes.

    This is not realistic.

    When the physician hesitates or downright refuses (generally because the physician does know best), the patient often takes offense.

    Well maybe in some case's where this statement of yours can be agree on one story and another story not at all. Let me tell you the diffreance, lets say i told a doctor that i dont want to be on these meds becuase i dont like the color thats on them lets say pink. If the doctor refuse to give me pills that are not pink. Then the reason why is simply becuase of the fact that i dont like a pill becuase of a color.

    In the statement where you said that doctors dont have to listion to the patients will hold out on this matter. Only becuase why in the hell can you refuse to take meds becuase of a color lol, you see what i main. Those are the things that a doctor can think to himself that its really stupide not to take meds becuase of a color on them.

    Heres the other differance. A doctor knows best base on what you come to him for, so its really the same thing as me telling him what i feel that i want in terms of getting check out base on gut feelings or maybe something you look up. Yes i can agree that doctors can be right and helpful but that dose not main anything its more of a sometimes thing. Anybody can do those same tools of knowing what there doing and talking about even if your a doctor or not, those tools can apply if you know how to fix cars. I main thats anybody's game.

    So just becuase you say that a simple person like a patient dose not know what they are talking about dose not main your right. A person working with people has to look in to it and work together on both sides before you can judge if or not if a patient thinks that he or she knows what they are talking about. thats the true way to handle matters really.

Similar Threads

  1. i want to know is there any laws that gose against doctors who refuse to help you in
    By megaman300 in forum Medical and Health Care Malpractice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 11:39 PM
  2. Laws for doctors who refuse to help you.
    By king101 in forum Medical and Health Care Malpractice
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
  4. Right to Refuse treatment issue
    By nrector in forum Medical and Health Care Malpractice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 04:37 AM
  5. Doctors treatment plan...
    By wesley90 in forum Consumer Contracts, Guarantees and Warranties
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.