• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They took my money and now I'm trying to get a refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RachelOz

I travelled to Miami Fl for a surgical procedure. It seemed like a decent company, they have 3 locations in Miami, and through email correspondence I wire transferred them the $3475.
I arrived the night before the surgery to look at my email, which had been sent near their closing time that day, saying the doctor cancelled. I have been trying to get a refund ever since but I call and the right person is "never there" and now when I call it just rings. I email to no avail.
I started reading, rather than the positive reviews, the negative ones, and there have been quite a few people who haven't gotten their money back after months of trying. I am going back to Australia in a few days and I don't know what to do.
I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint (which I will remove once I get my money back.... if I get my money back)
I have contacted my bank and they said they will be in contact with their bank. But i was told that they can tell their bank "no" to me getting my refund.
Please help me!

anearthw

Internationally wiring the full amount before even consulting a surgeon in-person? Sounds like you have fallen to a scam, and the positive reviews were probably fake. Did you investigate this facility's credentials through licensing, or simply online reviews? I suspect you have learned a very expensive lesson, and will never see that money again. Sorry. You can attempt a lawsuit, but I'm not sure the other party even exists.

RachelOz

They are real

They are a real business. So since they're real does that increase my slim chances of getting my money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">