• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get my dental records from my dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nini2400

What is the name of your state?

Illinois

After two requests of my dental records from my dentist who ruined three of my front teeth, I sent my request through certified mail, today I received a notice from postal office of a certified mail from him.

I want to make sure that in that certified mail is my dental records, with the x-rays and all pertinent records, earlier he has tried to trick me to sign off the records with one x-ray that has nothing to do with the teeth in question.

Should I have a lawyer or someone other than myself to pick up the certified mail to check the content.

The reason that I was thinking having an attorney to pick it up from the post office is that he can be the witness of the content in the envelop, maybe I can sign a consent form to the post office so he is legally entitled to pick it up.

If I pick it up myself and signed for it, the dentist can say that he has put all my dental records in it, and if there was just junk in the envelop, that would be my words againt his.

Do you have any idea what I should go about doing it?

Thanks.

barry1817

dental records

nini2400 said:
What is the name of your state?

Illinois

After two requests of my dental records from my dentist who ruined three of my front teeth, I sent my request through certified mail, today I received a notice from postal office of a certified mail from him.

I want to make sure that in that certified mail is my dental records, with the x-rays and all pertinent records, earlier he has tried to trick me to sign off the records with one x-ray that has nothing to do with the teeth in question.

Should I have a lawyer or someone other than myself to pick up the certified mail to check the content.

The reason that I was thinking having an attorney to pick it up from the post office is that he can be the witness of the content in the envelop, maybe I can sign a consent form to the post office so he is legally entitled to pick it up.

If I pick it up myself and signed for it, the dentist can say that he has put all my dental records in it, and if there was just junk in the envelop, that would be my words againt his.

Do you have any idea what I should go about doing it?

Thanks.

And you can not open the letter until you are in the presence of a third party, to note what was in the letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">