• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to obtain Medical Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SD

My sons baby books were damaged in a fire. In the process of reconstructing them. Requested medical records from their current doctor. Received only the current doctor records and not any records from their original doctor in Ill.
I asked them specifically about the information I'm looking for, baby weight and growth chart from both doctors. I was told they would be included. I sent in the money, the forms. When I called back and asked about not receiving the original doctors records I was told they can't release prior doctor records. I was upset, I was mislead but understood if thats the law.
I call my sons original doctor back in Illinois. After 10 years they shred everything except immunization records and tests/results. Paid and received those.
I asked for the records to be transferrred to another doctor(this doctor is only up to adolescent or through college). Signed and paid again for their records to be transferred to a doctor they recommended and no baby information went with. ( I was hoping it was just their office policy). Asked the records dept why they told me they will not release or transfer any records from any other doctor but this one not even to another doctor. Again, mislead told everything would transfer. I asked for the records to be transferred back to the original doctor. The original doctor and myself making the request. I was told to speak with the Office manager.
I called the office manage last monday, july 26th and left two messages to find out how I can get these records. I told her that the prior doctor will sign a release or transferr the records back to original doctor. The office manager has not returned my call.
I don't know any of these people I've been working with for them to give me problems and I'm not aware of anything I have done to them in this life time or to any of their relatives/friends. I have always been polite since I realize they are holding what I want. Any suggestions? Will either of the two options above work?

ecmst12

Your doctor is mistaken, they are perfectly allowed to provide you copies of records they have that did not originate from them.

jack0123

try to get a new Social Security card for quite some time now. Don't seem to have the proper identity needed. told me that if I could get my medical records get a new card.

Jack, you need to start your own thread. That way you have a better chance of getting the answer you need. And don't forget to include your state. And you may want to include more details so someone can help you better.

Thanks,
K

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">