• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Emergency Room Bills Same Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sedonalife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

All the hospitals are owned by the same company in my area of northern Arizona. My son was went to the emergency room in Sedona after a football game. This small hospital told him they didn't have all the right equipment to xray him and sent him to their sister hospital. We drove him to the second hospital 15 miles away.

We received two emergency room bills and each have times overlapping as if he was in two places at once. Both those bills are of course high because they are from the emergency room. This feels like a big scam. What are our rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

TinkerBelleLuvr

All the hospitals are owned by the same company in my area of northern Arizona. My son was went to the emergency room in Sedona after a football game. This small hospital told him they didn't have all the right equipment to xray him and sent him to their sister hospital. We drove him to the second hospital 15 miles away.

We received two emergency room bills and each have times overlapping as if he was in two places at once. Both those bills are of course high because they are from the emergency room. This feels like a big scam. What are our rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What did they say when you called them? Did you write to them?

Sedonalife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedonalife

The billing department is the ones who brought it to my attention. It has been two months and nobody at the hospital can determine the final bill and yet want us to pay. Each time I call I get a different balance and answer. Not sure what I should do.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedonalife

The billing department is the ones who brought it to my attention. It has been two months and nobody at the hospital can determine the final bill and yet want us to pay. Each time I call I get a different balance and answer. Not sure what I should do.
At this point, you need a paper trail. Stop the phone calls and start with the writing of letters. I suggest getting the names of supervisors AT THIS TIME. Maybe your insurance company can put pressure on them.

xylene

At this point, you need a paper trail. Stop the phone calls and start with the writing of letters. I suggest getting the names of supervisors AT THIS TIME. Maybe your insurance company can put pressure on them.
Every American has insurance. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sounds to me like these are local hospitals. Personally, I'd take some time and walk in to talk about it in person.

barry1817

billing

Sounds to me as if there is an issue with fraud in the billing.

I personally like the word fraud when questioning a bill, especially with the documentation that you say you have. And if this was done to you, I would venture that it was done to others, that weren't as naive as you.

And the billing company has an obligation to bill correctly, as many insurance claims that I am aware of have a disclaimed that the bill, especially when it goes to an insurance company is true and correct.

davidmcbeth3

David, even when you reach "senior" status with your inane drivel...you'll still be posting inane drivel.
Ok good, I can only aspire to make your status (of posting drivel, not "senior" status).

The OP does not state that she did not receive 2 ER services, only that the time noted makes it impossible .... I claim no. You need to actually comprehend what was written.

ecmst12

The bills appear to be correct in that you were seen at 2 ERs, the hospitals need to double check and correct the times listed on the bills and all should be well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">