• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What step follows filing a default?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

himandmex6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

The attorney being sued did not answer the complaint. Courts had me file a default. They sent it back to me marked as "Filed". Now a " Default Judgement" form needs to be filed within 4 months along with the filing fee. My question is... When that is done, what do I do next. They won't tell me. ???? Yes this is being done Pro-se

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

The attorney being sued did not answer the complaint. Courts had me file a default. They sent it back to me marked as "Filed". Now a " Default Judgement" form needs to be filed within 4 months along with the filing fee. My question is... When that is done, what do I do next. They won't tell me. ???? Yes this is being done Pro-se
Is this a medical malpractice suit or an attorney malpractice suit?

Here is a link to the New Jersey Rules of Civil Procedure: http://www.federalrulesofcivilprocedure.com/new-jersey-rules-of-civil-procedure/

Last edited:

himandmex6

Attorney Malpractice**************. and thank you for that link. Sorry to post this again, not sure if it went through the first time!

quincy

Attorney Malpractice**************. and thank you for that link. Sorry to post this again, not sure if it went through the first time!
Trying to sue an attorney is definitely not an easy task. The attorney (no doubt ;)) knows the rules that you, as a pro se, are expected to know.

You might want to sit down with an attorney of your own if you wish better success, or you might be smart to at least find some free or low-cost assistance through a legal aid clinic or law school in your area. Rutgers Law has two locations (Camden and Newark) if you are near either of those. You might find a free source of assistance there.

Good luck, himandmex6.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">