• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's a man to do?!-morphine allergy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allisonp320

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga - I need to know if a friend of mine could still have a case against the hospital he was admitted to for giving him morphine when he is allergic to it. The man went into the hospital for an infection he developed from when he had been on chemo therapy and it had knocked his immune system really low. This was in late 2006. He was administered morphine for pain when it was clearly stated to the nursing staff that he was allergic to it. Because of this reaction to the drug,he started to hallucinate really bad,and they had to restrain him.(from which he developed bed sores!) From the way he describes it,it sounds like he went through a bad "trip" on acid or something. He ended up injurying himself even more by pulling his catheter out and injuring hisself to where he has to use one to this day,and cannot have intercourse because of the bed sores went to deep that it damaged a part of his spine. I understand that there is a time frame in which to file things,but should'nt he still be able to file for damages still since he is permanently damaged from all of this?...Thanks for any help!!!:confused:

Last edited:

lya

I know in GA, pupils are taught that "hisself" is not a word. Sacroiliac is not generally taught in spelling, so--no comment on that creative spelling. "Hisself" is just wrong in so many ways, I almost didn't read the whole post.

A morphine allergy would have worn off before the development of bedsores to that degree; however, the development of bedsores to that degree may be indicative of negligence.

A review of the records by a consulting nursing expert would be a good place to start. A review by an MD is not appropriate (at this point) as MDs do not function in the role of caregiver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">