• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Lens after Cataract Surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leeann

What is the name of your state (Delaware)

Hello:

I had cataract surgery 3 weeks ago, and my vision is worst now than it was before cataract surgery. Everything is fuzzy and grey I can hardly drive. How can I check to make sure that my doctor measurements and the lens he inserted matches the measuments. I suspect that my doctor or his staff gave me the wrong lens. My doctor now wants to do corrective surgery. I did know that cataract surgery was a two step process. I want another doctor to request my surgery records. What can I do? Can he change his records, if he discovers that an error was made before sending?

Thanks for any information concerning this matter.
(Delaware):

leeann

Wrong Lens After Surgery

This is my 3rd post op. visit to his office. I conplained to him on every visit, asking when would my vision clear up. Most people see the different right away. I showed him the Id for the lens that he inserted and wanted some answers, but he won't admit to anything wrong, he keep saying that my nearsightness can be corrected with laser, or glasses,and his measurments are correct, I don't know any better, or understand all the medical lingo, he was trying to explain. All I know is that I had my cataract remove to improve my vision. The question is why am I too nearsight when I wasn't that way before my surgery?
After reviewing my last vision test, he saw my discomfort with fuzziness and blurred vision, he then decided to help me out with some contact lens to correct my vision temporary. The Extended Lens improve my vision immediately, but it's a headache to stay in. I never wore contact before and my doctor didn't give me the power, instructions or kit to care for the contact. I am at his mercy for everything I need right now. He says for me to see him in 2 weeks.
I just wants another doctor to recheck his measurement vs the power of Lens for any miscalculations. I'm not going to let this man perform another surgery on my eyes. Right now he put a contact in my eye while I am still taking Acular & Predisone drops 4x a day. I don't know if I suppost to do that. I called his office to make sure, his assistant said yes, I can use the drops**************Help me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">