• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong medication given by pharmacy store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I have been given wrong drug with correct label on the bottle. Because of skipping the correct medicine, my medical condition has been worsen (eventually my condition under control after switch back to the correct medicine). The wrong medicine caused me several sleepless nights. I called the drug stores customer satisfactory department, after they knew I don't have permanent damages because of wrong medicine, they suddenly became inpatient. They even refuse to give a detail explanation of what had happened and how it was happened. I believe giving wrong medicine is a serious mistake. Where should I look for help in order for the company to learn from their mistake and minimize the chance to give wrong medicine in future?
is state attorney general's office a good place to start?

Thanks.

L.M.

Then you really don't have a case. Consult with a local attorney to be sure.
Thanks for your advice.

I called both an attorney and an officer in attorney general's office, both are willing to take it. The attorney said this is not a large case, but there is a case. So I will work with an attorney first. Will decide later if bring this to state attorney general office.

Proserpina

Thanks for your advice.

I called both an attorney and an officer in attorney general's office, both are willing to take it. The attorney said this is not a large case, but there is a case. So I will work with an attorney first. Will decide later if bring this to state attorney general office.
Did you check the label before taking the drug?

(as a general rule, it''s very common for an attorney to say "sure you have a case...but we can't take it because it's not financially viable", when what they actually mean is "you have no case at all")

Are you saying though, that the AG's office is aware and haven't acted on it?

Ladyback1

ummmm....how long did you take the incorrect medication?

Did you not look at the pill/capsule prior to taking it?

How exactly did your diagnosis worsen? For how long a time period was your condition worse? Was the worsening of your diagnosis documented by a doctor/medical provider?

The attorney and the attorney general may or may not think there is a case after reviewing all of your medical records.

ecmst12

The label was right, the pill was wrong. That is in fact a big deal, even if it won't result in a big settlement. The state regulatory agency would certainly be interested in that complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">