• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WRONG SURGERY PERFORMED and BOTCHED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msparatype

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Do I have a case? I went in for a bunionectomy and they did a lapidus bunionectomy. I was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks healing time. I was in a cast 8 weeks and a boot another 8 weeks. I never healed. I got a second opinion and the that surgeon said oh my god, you need to have this fixed immediately or else you will remain in excruciating pain the rest of your life. I went back to the original surgeon, who is a 3rd year resident of the VA Medical Center (where I had the surgery), and asked her why I never healed and why she let me heal incorrectly for so long. She said "We did the wrong procedure. Basically, we did not do our jobs and I am sorry."
I scheduled the second surgery with the second surgeon and it was performed on Nov. 26th. He said it as a complicated surgery because when he went in there was so much scar tissue that he had to do a lot of scraping and cutting. He also had to do a bone graft, cutting almost two inches of bone out of my heal to fix what the first surgeon did to me. He said he could not guarantee that this procedure took care of the problem and that I will be pain free after I am healed.

I am angry. I am in major pain. I have had to take a lot of time off from work. I will have not been able to drive my car for six months by the time this is all ever, if ever, forcing me to pay big bucks for public transporation. I have the expense of a second, more expensive surgery.

I am a paralegal. I have called three malpractice attorneys who have been clients of mine in the past. Not one of them would take the case, I suspect because it is against the government. I was told there was a six month time limit to bring a case against the government or lose out. The first surgery was performed July 22nd, so it has already been four months.

I need to do something fast to protect myself and get this resident away from a knife. But I don't know what to do. Can someone give me much needed advice, please? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">