• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong tooth pulled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erichaer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
I just got back from the dentist and found out that the tooth he pulled out was not the correct one can i sue what are my options?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

How do you know it was the wrong one? Was there x-ray confirmation before and after the extraction? Did you confirm which tooth it was before the procedure?

its not unheard of for a dentist to pull a wrong tooth. Mine almost did a procedure on the wrong tooth but I was able to notice it before the procedure began. Some people under the Novocain may not have noticed until it would have been too late.

Of course the OP has a claim to file ... value of tooth & corrective action? Maybe 10 K?--depends on venue

barry1817

dental

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
I just got back from the dentist and found out that the tooth he pulled out was not the correct one can i sue what are my options?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Extracting the wrong tooth is below the standard of care and there are costs to correcting the problem so you do need an attorney to pursue this.

When talking about damages, you have the correction via implant or fixed bridge work to make you whole. Then you would have to factor in retreatment over time depending on the option.

You also want to make sure that you get notes and records so that they don't magically change/disappear/are altered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">