• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jons lynn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. My partner died, on 12.26.15. His diagnosis is septic shock leading to heart attack, complicated by COPD. I wasn't told. I found out after. He was on vacation to Disneyland. We were together for 10 years. He and I were going to do so much together. I want an invedtigstion. Or do I do this? What do I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm very sorry for your loss.

What is it that you want investigated? Why do you believe that someone else is responsible for his death?

More details are needed.

OHRoadwarrior

The first thing to determine is if there was an autopsy done. Many counties have a regulatory checklist of conditions, any of which are met, that require an autopsy. If an autopsy was performed what was the finding. If the finding is what you are giving us, what caused the septic shock?

justalayman

He died from complications associated with septic shock while he was on vacation at Disneyland?

There has to be much more to the situation. Septic shock doesn't just happen and it doesn't just happen instantly. There must be an underlying cause for septic shock (whatever caused the sepsis).

Not to sound uncaring but it almost sounds like Disney was a bucket list item

CdwJava

If he died of an illness or medical condition while in California visiting Disneyland, then an autopsy would have been done unless there was a doctor willing to sign the death certificate (i.e. he was under a doctor's are for the condition that ultimately caused his death).

Dave1952

You certainly have my sympathy but you claim to be a "partner" rather than a spouse. This may make it difficult for the authorities to speak with you. Have you communicated with your partner's family? They may have better luck speaking with the authorities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">