• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly diagnosed please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melissa29

Illinois please help me. I was wrongly diagnosed with schizophrenia and my parents petitioned guardianship over me. Now I am stuck in a mental health facility and don't know when I can get out. I've contacted all kinds of lawyers and don't know what to do. I was re evaluated by another psychologist who said I tested too healthy on the electronic exam so it signaled to him something was wrong with my testing. He recommended I be in this place for six months to a year. My current psychiatrist here thinks I have bipolar now not schizophrenia. I don't even think I have bipolar but if I do I shouldn't be in a mental health facility for that. Someone please help me. I'm so miserable and am going crazy. Am trying all I can to get this guardianship removed. My parents used to be very abusive and they used to say I was mentally Ill and sick as part of abusing me because i never had anything wrong with me at all.

OHRoadwarrior

Whether you have schizophrenia or are bi-polar, you are mentally Ill and sick, whether you realize it or not. We are in no position to tell whether you belong in an institution. i know of a friends daughter that was bi-polar and a month after her BF broke up with her, went to his place of work, waited in the parking lot for him to come out and tried to murder him. Though she was ultimately unsuccessful, she will be in prison for over a decade.We have no way to determine you mental state.

justalayman

The thing about people that are mentally ill is they usually do not believe they are mentally ill. If the new doctor recommended you stay where you are, well, you do have a mental illness such that you require a guardian.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The point is also that volunteers on a message board do not have any means to assist you.

justalayman

My point is that I'm wrongly in here I need help getting out
And your old Doctor, your new doctor, your guardian, and the court all believe you belong right where you are. That's 4 to 1 against you. You lose.

I have an idea for you though.

Ever see One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

If not, watch it. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

justalayman

You are getting all the help the courts, your guardian, and your doctors determined you needed by being right where you are.

Thank you very much, have a great day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">