• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Admin Sep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cellis1

In 1993 I received an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps. In April of 2011 I joined the Navy Reserves. In June of 2012 I had chest pains and went to the emergency room. After blood work and a stress test, they said my heart was fine but I had high blood pressure. I didn't have a job at the time (and still don't) so I didn't have health insurance to go see a regular doctor. The E.R. on call doctor gave me a prescription for high blood pressure and I had that filled and used as prescribed.

Mr reserve unit wanted me to be cleared by my regular doctor to return back to duty, but I don't have one because I don't have health insurance. I was told by my unit that I could not drill until I got my release. I couldn't get one so they said I was getting put up for an admin discharge. I was told by my unit I could request a board hearing. However, a year after losing my job I had lost my drivers license due to nonpayment of child support and couldn't drive the 250 miles to the hearing. I didn't request one for that and my C.O. said it was in the Navy's best interest not to. I haven't received any paperwork yet saying I'm discharged. Shouldn't I be getting a DD214 at least? And if so, would I still have a chance to go back in once I clear this up?

umkemesic

In 1993 I received an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps. In April of 2011 I joined the Navy Reserves. In June of 2012 I had chest pains and went to the emergency room. After blood work and a stress test, they said my heart was fine but I had high blood pressure. I didn't have a job at the time (and still don't) so I didn't have health insurance to go see a regular doctor. The E.R. on call doctor gave me a prescription for high blood pressure and I had that filled and used as prescribed.

Mr reserve unit wanted me to be cleared by my regular doctor to return back to duty, but I don't have one because I don't have health insurance. I was told by my unit that I could not drill until I got my release. I couldn't get one so they said I was getting put up for an admin discharge. I was told by my unit I could request a board hearing. However, a year after losing my job I had lost my drivers license due to nonpayment of child support and couldn't drive the 250 miles to the hearing. I didn't request one for that and my C.O. said it was in the Navy's best interest not to. I haven't received any paperwork yet saying I'm discharged. Shouldn't I be getting a DD214 at least? And if so, would I still have a chance to go back in once I clear this up?
Reserves are really slow at getting stuff done. You should fill out a form and get your records and see if you do have a DD214 (could have been misplaced or sent somewhere else).

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html

Once you get what they have - or don't have - you'll know where to start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">