• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

admin sep for navy reserve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blkpnthr82

I recently received a letter from the Navy Reserves stating that I am being processed for admin separation for drug abuse (marijuana once). With that being said, let me also state that I fulfilled my active duty time (6 yrs) without getting into any trouble and received an RE-R1 code, hence allowing me to sign a new contract with the Reserves as I was nearing my 8 year obligation. This is my first time receiving any major negative action throughout my entire navy career.

My question is, how will this admin sep affect me? Ive been reading forums on RE4 and have read both positive and negative feedback. I also saw that you may be eligible to go reserve Army then with good conduct go active Army... any truth to this? I initially got out of active duty because I wanted to move on with life, but as I got out in the civilian world things didn't work out as planned and I'm looking for means to support my family. Am also wondering will my active duty RE-R1 code be overlooked with this reserve RE4 code?? Any advice...

davidmcbeth3

So you have an RE-4 code? You can forget about re-enlisting in any service. RE-1 or RE-2 but not RE-4. Sorry.

Just from what I have heard.

ERAUPIKE

I recently received a letter from the Navy Reserves stating that I am being processed for admin separation for drug abuse (marijuana once). With that being said, let me also state that I fulfilled my active duty time (6 yrs) without getting into any trouble and received an RE-R1 code, hence allowing me to sign a new contract with the Reserves as I was nearing my 8 year obligation. This is my first time receiving any major negative action throughout my entire navy career.

My question is, how will this admin sep affect me? Ive been reading forums on RE4 and have read both positive and negative feedback. I also saw that you may be eligible to go reserve Army then with good conduct go active Army... any truth to this? I initially got out of active duty because I wanted to move on with life, but as I got out in the civilian world things didn\'t work out as planned and I\'m looking for means to support my family. Am also wondering will my active duty RE-R1 code be overlooked with this reserve RE4 code?? Any advice...
Good news, you keep your benefits.
Bad news, you are no longer able to serve in the United States Military.

blkpnthr82

To your response

Thank you both for responding. I'm not too worried about getting back into the service. I mean yes I would like to but if (errr since i cant now) its not the end of the world.

davidmcbeth3

At least you know your options .... you could have just tried to join too & found out this way (definitely) ... good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">