• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Admin Sep from USMC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

admin sep

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Ill make this long story very short. Please don't judge me, you dont know what I was going through at the time. Lets just say sh*t hit the fan and it hit every blade for 7-8 months straight.

I popped for percocets, 3 to be exact. I will be getting NJPd today, my CWO2 is suggesting 45/45 and reduction of grade. Therefore, i would be a PFC (E-2). After this is done, I will be waiting for the Admin Sep Board. This may take a while. I am crossing my fingers that they let me finish my contract. I have been in for 2 years and 3 months. Regardless whether they decide yes or no, it goes up 1 more time to the Commanding General. I highly doubt he is going to read my entire packet so I am hoping for the best preparring for the worst. Before this incident, my record was clean. After this incident (its been 3 months) I have still shown to be a good Marine.

Well here are my questions...

1. Is there anyway to join another branch, preferably Army, after a certain period of time? Is there a waiver....

2. Ive been told by Marines who have been admin sep that after 6 months the discharge you receive will turn into a regular discharge and employers would not know if it was for something bad. Therefore, I can get a job again.

I would love to continue to serve my country, yes I made a terrible mistake that I promise you with all these headaches I am paying for it. If this is not possible, then my other fear is obviously trying to get a job. Thank you for reading this.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

1. Is there anyway to join another branch, preferably Army, after a certain period of time? Is there a waiver....

2. Ive been told by Marines who have been admin sep that after 6 months the discharge you receive will turn into a regular discharge and employers would not know if it was for something bad. Therefore, I can get a job again.
These questions will be answered on your DD-214....you may get an RE2 status ... of course I don't think that the Army would take you anyway .. too many folks wanting to join.

Employers will not see your DD214 unless you show it to them (I think).

ahnvil

I feel your pain on this ADSEP thing. All branches are "force shaping" right now. I would expect to see a LOT more posts in here over the next few months and until we get a republican president in office.

One thing that I do know is that based on your time in you can request an actual adsep board. It'll be a pannel of three where they look through your ENTIRE service record then decide what your discharge is. Navy is 6 years. I assume the corps, being a division of the Navy, would be in tune with that.

It sounds like they classified your perc's as wrongful use, which is pretty cut and dry as far as your discharge type. They'll give you the worst discharge they can justify (usually OTH) and drop the RE code as low as possible (3, 4 if they think you won't fight it).

Good luck.

See how I did that ripping on the marines thing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">