• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adsep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahnvil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Navy

I'm looking at an administrative separation after ten years of service for treatment failure (not alcohol).

Questions:

How bad does the RE have to be before it affects disability/ benefits claims?
How bad does the discharge have to be before it will affect disability/ bene's?
With a treatment failure adsep, how low are they allowed to go?
I've been told that over eight years and I can request an administrative hearing, which could result in an honorable adsep, any truth to that? A reference?

NLSO has been less than cooperative because they tried making a criminal case out of this but it fell through because it didn't actually happen.

My eval marks are all 4+ for the last eight years or so. I have endless accolades and accomplishments. I've promoted earlier than the average every time. Professionally, I'm the best sailor in the navy. Personally, I make very bad choices off duty.

For those of you who read the original post, my command seems to agree that this is bogus, but aren't willing to set precedence by ignoring the "recommendation" by the family abolishment program. CMC was hoping that my PTS would come back final denial so I could get sep pay, but it came back approved for reenlistment. I'm just curious what the best/ worst case is here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">