• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADSEP for PRT Failure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DiverParamedic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I failed my 3rd weigh in back in April of this year. 5 months later and they still haven't processed the paperwork, but I've been told we are going to ADSEP you. I've signed the legal paperwork and was told 3 weeks ago I should be separated by the end of the first week in October 2008. Today I was told, "We haven't submitted your paperwork, because we can't until you do the PreSep Class." I've done everything I can to be supportive of the command, I scheduled the class for September 2008 and not August because the schedule was out and I didn't want my shipmates to have to take up the slack.

Because I was told I should be a civilian by the end of the first week in October 2008, I went ahead and scheduled a job interview for the second week in October. I was told by the company that unless I was unble to interview, I should have the job. If I couldn't interview then, they may have to fill the position.

I can't find any instruction that says they have to wait to submit the package to BUPERS until after I've done the PreSep class. I know I have to take the class before I can separate.

I just get the feeling the command is dragging their feet because I'm in a billet that is hard to fill and my immediate chain of command doesn't want the CO to separate me. Everyone else that was in the same boat I'm in, has been separate for over a month now.

Any advise?

Fustrated HM1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I failed my 3rd weigh in back in April of this year. 5 months later and they still haven't processed the paperwork, but I've been told we are going to ADSEP you. I've signed the legal paperwork and was told 3 weeks ago I should be separated by the end of the first week in October 2008. Today I was told, "We haven't submitted your paperwork, because we can't until you do the PreSep Class." I've done everything I can to be supportive of the command, I scheduled the class for September 2008 and not August because the schedule was out and I didn't want my shipmates to have to take up the slack.

Because I was told I should be a civilian by the end of the first week in October 2008, I went ahead and scheduled a job interview for the second week in October. I was told by the company that unless I was unble to interview, I should have the job. If I couldn't interview then, they may have to fill the position.

I can't find any instruction that says they have to wait to submit the package to BUPERS until after I've done the PreSep class. I know I have to take the class before I can separate.

I just get the feeling the command is dragging their feet because I'm in a billet that is hard to fill and my immediate chain of command doesn't want the CO to separate me. Everyone else that was in the same boat I'm in, has been separate for over a month now.

Any advise?

Fustrated HM1
Just be patient. When it finally does happen, it will happen fast. Try to keep up.
A member of my command failed a drug test and fought it. He went to an Admin Sep board and lost. It took almost a year for him to finally be processed out but when his paperwork was almost done he was out within the week. Although there is a different set of eyes that look at the separations due to UA failure eventually you will get your walking papers. I would guess that you will be out within three months, unless your billet is really that hard to fill. The military system is all hurry up and wait. It is refreshing to read a post with such a positive attitude for a change though. Thank you for your service and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">