• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adultery After the fact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wheeler7217

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Recently my spouse ( a civilian) was discovered having an affair with a married co-worker. I sent her home and initiated divorce proceedings. I was moving along with my life when I met someone after we were separated. Her(my soon to be xwife) and her boyfriend are having a hard time connecting. She somehow got some evidince that I got with someone after she moved and returned home. The other person is not military and is not associated with my position in any way. I was contacted by someone stating they are investigating me for adultery. I believe the evidence they have are from my civilian email. can anyone tell me what I am looking at here?

What is more confusing is that she is still with her boyfriend and her intent is clearly malicious.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Recently my spouse ( a civilian) was discovered having an affair with a married co-worker. I sent her home and initiated divorce proceedings. I was moving along with my life when I met someone after we were separated. Her(my soon to be xwife) and her boyfriend are having a hard time connecting. She somehow got some evidince that I got with someone after she moved and returned home. The other person is not military and is not associated with my position in any way. I was contacted by someone stating they are investigating me for adultery. I believe the evidence they have are from my civilian email. can anyone tell me what I am looking at here?

What is more confusing is that she is still with her boyfriend and her intent is clearly malicious.
The military does NOT have any say so over your spouse who is a civilian. They do have say so over you being in the military. You are involved with someone and still married. You can face many issues.

Silverplum

Everyone's "hands" are dirty in this matter.

You're looking at whatever is the penalty/ies for military adultery in whichever branch of the military you serve. Or perhaps a slap on the wrist. Who knows?

What is more confusing -- to me -- is that you didn't wait for your divorce to be complete before you "got with someone."

wheeler7217

Everyone's "hands" are dirty in this matter.

You're looking at whatever is the penalty/ies for military adultery in whichever branch of the military you serve. Or perhaps a slap on the wrist. Who knows?

What is more confusing -- to me -- is that you didn't wait for your divorce to be complete before you "got with someone."

Yes, it sort of happened. It has been a confusing time for me since all of this went down.

CJane

Ya know, as the military begins it's post-war downsizing, they're handing out some pretty harsh penalties for stuff that previously would have been overlooked. A whole lot of things that "just sort of happened" a year ago would have resulted in a slap on the wrist. Today? Career ender. I hope you have a backup plan.

swalsh411

Contacted? By whom? Through what channel? Do you have any independent verification that this contact is legitimate?

Anybody can pretend to be anybody over email and the phone. It could just be a prank by somebody trying to scare you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">