• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adultery Investigation army help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aches

So apparently my soon to be ex-wife went to IG to report me of adultery with one of her friends. I am now and the other soldier being under investigation for this nonsense.
My questions are as follows.

If a complaint is filed at IG and there is an investigation, is it still handled at the lowest level?

How can they prove such a thing?

How long do these investigations take?

Can someone get in trouble for falsely accusing someone?

Lastly, if there was proof or whatsoever already presented, is an investigation even still required?

Just Blue

So apparently my soon to be ex-wife went to IG to report me of adultery with one of her friends. I am now and the other soldier being under investigation for this nonsense.
My questions are as follows.

If a complaint is filed at IG and there is an investigation, is it still handled at the lowest level?

Lastly, if there was proof or whatsoever already presented, is an investigation even still required?
Did you cheat on your wife?

TigerD

Unable to answer

Testimony, pictures, DNA, paternity tests

Unable to answer

Too vague. People can get in trouble for falsely accusing someone. But she is not subject to the UCMJ and unlike to face anything. Additionally, just because they can't prove it doesn't mean you didn't do it.

Not sure what you are trying to ask.

TD

Ilovecofee

There will be an investigation.

There will always be an investigation. It'll be a matter of proof. Your CDR at BN or Company level will decide if there's enough evidence to even start an investigation. But if IG is involved, there will be one regardless. Proofing the offense requires a testimony, DNA, Videos, or photos. A formal complaint from your spouse isn't hard evidence.

quincy

There will always be an investigation. It'll be a matter of proof. Your CDR at BN or Company level will decide if there's enough evidence to even start an investigation. But if IG is involved, there will be one regardless. Proofing the offense requires a testimony, DNA, Videos, or photos. A formal complaint from your spouse isn't hard evidence.
This thread was written over a year ago and the matter has more than likely been resolved.

On this forum, it is preferred that old threads remain in the archives for reference purposes, revived only by the original poster. Comments and questions should be reserved for new posts created by posters with new legal concerns.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">