• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Suggestions ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DD98NG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

GA

I am prior navy gulf war veteran currently attached to a GA ARNG unit. When I enlisted I was told I would be sent to WTC an alternative Basic Training for prior service. Over three years have past the unit never sent me and the WTC has been discontinued. I have recently been told that due to this policy change that I will have to attend Basic training before FEB 2012. However they also are threatning that due to my permanant profile for lumbar deterioration (P2) and its limitations that I may be unable to attend basic and will be discharged. I was also recently diagnosed with Narcolepsy/cataplexy and IBS but I have not had this updated to my profile. When I asked about updating my profile I was told the physician might refer me to a MEB. However they are trying to get me discharged for not going to basic on my current profile. I was told I can be excused for medical reasons from drill and that AR 135-91 ch 3 did not apply to me even though I am being required to attend Basic. If they discharge me before having MEB/PEB for not going to basic will I be discharged without benifits? Can they do that? Is it in my best intrest to be refered to a MEB due to the fact these I have some ratable conditions? I have taken my issues up the chain and all I get is "I dont know but you will probably be discharged for not being excepted in Basic for your current profile"

ahnvil

Sounds like you're being railroaded.

Go talk to your legal department, and a VA rater. Legal can answer if all that is allowed, I'm not sure of anything with OSVET's. The VA will be able to tell you if you will be eligible to make a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">