• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army Deserter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s10 warrior

If you're a deserter , Read this.

First off, no one gives a crap about who you are, why deserted or when you plan on coming back. No , no one is looking for you.

i posted my sob story on here a few years back. i joined in 2007. Deserted about a year later. i was a deserter for almost 4 years. I was too scared to turn myself in , did constant research on desertion, asked a million questions. I drove myself nuts.

Make a long story short . I deserted Xmas day in 2008. February 2012 , cops were near by , i said screw it, i gave a cop my id and said im a deserter, sure enough i had a warrant. they took me in . I stayed at county jail for 5 days while i waited for MP's from FT Leonardwood to pick me up. i got to FT Leonardwood ,they put me on a greyhound bus to FT Knox . i was not under millitary control at that time , I was on a "provisional pass " i believe. I coulda ran, but that woulda been stupid. I got to FT Knox, i was issued a uniform and PT's , its all hand-me down stuff. you do details, you get a full 7 or 8 hours of sleep, you have a half hour of phone time every night i believe. The food is Great. i was there for 6 . I was Away from home for exactly 2 weeks i believe,but thats only cuz i was in a county jail for a week. if you want to make it go by faster , get yourself to Fort Knox. Theres other Bases, i believe Fort Sill maybe ? you'd be there for 7 days if everything goes well.

I manned up and turned myself in , spent 2 weeks away from home, a month later my DD214 came in the mail.

there is no going back, there is no joining another service. dont try. you can practice a stupid speech in the mirrior, no one cares about how much you wanna come back, it wont happen ( that is If you get a RE-4 )

if you turn yourself in , keep your story to yourself. no one cares. I noticed when i was at Fort knox , everyone would ask " how long have you been gone " they think its cool, like they are proud of it. really stupid if you ask me .

If you have kids and family, wife or husband, just turn yourself in and put an end to this madness.Dont make your family suffer. It will only take 2 weeks the most if all goes well.
nobody yells at you or screams or degrades you , you do that all yourself. you think you've done a lot of thinking during your " awol time" , wait till youre in that uniform one last time, youll be doing a lot more thinking ,kicking yourself in your butt.

Its been about a year since i got my life back , just figured i'd post my story. Hope it helps others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">