• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for being an Army Deserter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asheslikechrome

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am trying to find some answers to a very confusing situation involving the father of my children. I will try to make this short, and I thank everyone in advance for any answers that can be provided.

He was arrested by a local agency Sunday night on a federal army hold. The jail is classifying him as an army deserter and say they are waiting for Fort Gordon to pick him up. This is all that I actually know.

The story he always told was: He was in the army in 2007-2008. He had signed up for 8 years and was in AIT. He claimed that while in AIT he punched a drill sergeant in the face while being smoked and was put in solitary confinement and then discharged from AIT/the army. He also said that he continued to receive his military pay for a month or so after he was discharged. Again, this is just what I was told by him, obviously something different actually occurred.

Can anyone provide any clarity as to what he could possibly be facing?

Thank you again in advance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am trying to find some answers to a very confusing situation involving the father of my children. I will try to make this short, and I thank everyone in advance for any answers that can be provided.

He was arrested by a local agency Sunday night on a federal army hold. The jail is classifying him as an army deserter and say they are waiting for Fort Gordon to pick him up. This is all that I actually know.

The story he always told was: He was in the army in 2007-2008. He had signed up for 8 years and was in AIT. He claimed that while in AIT he punched a drill sergeant in the face while being smoked and was put in solitary confinement and then discharged from AIT/the army. He also said that he continued to receive his military pay for a month or so after he was discharged. Again, this is just what I was told by him, obviously something different actually occurred.

Can anyone provide any clarity as to what he could possibly be facing?

Thank you again in advance.
A dishonorable discharge, jail time, fines, other possible punishments. Without knowing exactly with what he was charged, no one can help you. Apparently you have a liar as the father of your children. To what end are you asking? Are you still with him? Are you worried about child support?

asheslikechrome

A dishonorable discharge, jail time, fines, other possible punishments. Without knowing exactly with what he was charged, no one can help you. Apparently you have a liar as the father of your children. To what end are you asking? Are you still with him? Are you worried about child support?
Is there someone or somewhere I can contact to find out what exactly he is charged with?

Yes, I have been aware for awhile that this person's character is less than desirable. We separated months ago and this is just one more confirmation that it was for the best. I am not worried about child support. I just want to know what type of punishment he could receive and I would like to know before he just shows up at my door one day wanting to see our children.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I am not at all advocating for his conduct. I honestly find it sickening.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is there someone or somewhere I can contact to find out what exactly he is charged with?

Yes, I have been aware for awhile that this person's character is less than desirable. We separated months ago and this is just one more confirmation that it was for the best. I am not worried about child support. I just want to know what type of punishment he could receive and I would like to know before he just shows up at my door one day wanting to see our children.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I am not at all advocating for his conduct. I honestly find it sickening.
Truthfully, his conduct will not necessarily prevent him from having unsupervised contact with HIS children. You might try calling Fort Gordon and see if they can give you any information. He has constitutional rights to be a parent to his children. If you weren't married to him, he would have to go to court to get enforceable rights to parent but don't expect that this incident will necessarily prevent him from being unsupervised with his children in the long term.

asheslikechrome

Truthfully, his conduct will not necessarily prevent him from having unsupervised contact with HIS children. You might try calling Fort Gordon and see if they can give you any information. He has constitutional rights to be a parent to his children. If you weren't married to him, he would have to go to court to get enforceable rights to parent but don't expect that this incident will necessarily prevent him from being unsupervised with his children in the long term.
Yes, I am well aware of that. I am not asking about parental rights. I have never kept our children from him and don't intent to now. The only reason I care at all about what he may receive is because of the impact it will have on our kids. Thank you for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">