• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Article 15 Drug Use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpenner0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.
I applied for a CCW in Ohio recently and was denied based on a conviction for wrongful possession / use of cocaine while in the US Army in 2003. I received an Article 15 Non Judicial Punishment from my commanding officer for this incident. I messed up and tried coke while in the Army and violated Military Law. I didn't get caught in the act I actually came to my superiors and admitted to what I had done. My understanding of the Article 15 is that it is not considered a conviction, but it is showing on a background check as a conviction. I don't know where to turn next. I can't afford an expensive lawyer right now so am I stuck?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.
I applied for a CCW in Ohio recently and was denied based on a conviction for wrongful possession / use of cocaine while in the US Army in 2003. I received an Article 15 Non Judicial Punishment from my commanding officer for this incident. I messed up and tried coke while in the Army and violated Military Law. I didn't get caught in the act I actually came to my superiors and admitted to what I had done. My understanding of the Article 15 is that it is not considered a conviction, but it is showing on a background check as a conviction. I don't know where to turn next. I can't afford an expensive lawyer right now so am I stuck?
Ohio doesn't want DRUG USERS to have guns. Sort of shows you don't follow the law. Basically you are not going to get a CCW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">