• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Article 15 help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

broke11C

I am a SPC in the Army. I have been in a little over four years, and am currently stationed in 1st BCT of Ft. Stewart, which the significance will be explained. I am also being medically reclassed from my current MOS of 11C due to my knees.

Full disclosure:

I am currently under threat of being given an Article 15 due to "patterns of misconduct" (the catch-all term they're using for my constant problem of oversleeping first formation). I will be the first to admit that I have been late more times than I can count. It's not from lack of trying: I have set multiple alarms, asked multiple people from my section to help make sure I am awake, asked for suggestions from multiple parties (including my own NCOs), gotten multiple supplements on my own dime to fight keep my energy up, and gone as far as too get a sleep study done. However, I still have issues getting up.

The reason why I believe that I can and need to fight this? I have been diagnosed by multiple psychiatrists to have severe chronic depression (recurrent major depressive disorder). Each one has agreed that my sleep issues are a direct result of my depression, and have provided medical documentation to support me. I have been prescribed multiple medications since my diagnosis, and each one has been found to be inadequate for me, as they do not work for me or address my lack of energy. My chain of command has been notified of this on multiple seperate occasions, but they continue/continued to write me negative counseling statements, and are intentionally doing everything they can to prevent my reclass.

I have gone to IG to bring attention to my issues, but my chain of command gave them a half-truth (only saying that my reclass had been held up due a profile I had been FORCED into getting in order to keep them off my back, which didn't work as they kept giving me counseling statements for the same exact thing my profile was for). Now I can no longer go to IG due to the fact they believe they have the full story, and my word holds no stock against two E-7s and a Sergeant Major who hates me for the simple fact that I'm broke.

I have been told multiple times by my chain that these actions are "nothing personal". However, I have multiple sources that have informed me of the comments that my chain has said about me behind my back, and they are nothing BUT personal affronts, going as far as to talk about how they are going to try and prove me "unfit" to be reclassed.

All they have on me are my FTRs, but they are trying to force me into situations that they KNOW will illicit a negative reaction from me. I can not prove this fact, however.

Now, my depression has gotten worse since I have been assigned to this unit. Any person that has known me since day one actually seeks me out to bring mention to the fact that I am looking more and more haggard. I have also brought up how my I've gotten worse since coming to the unit to my psychiatrists AND my chain. My chain does not acknowledge that I have problems UNLESS I have a profile saying I do, which I can not get because that will hold up my reclass again.

Now, my shrink has suggested that I contact my congressman due to the fact that Ft. Stewart is currently leading the Army in suicides (my brigade leading in that), and he is well aware of the fact of how I am not faking this, not lying, and being nothing but honest about my situation and my symptoms. My current shrink has prescribed me medication to adjust my energy levels, and actually believes that I may need to be given pharmaceutical amphetamines.

What I ask is this: what can I do? Understand that if I get this article 15 I get flagged. If I get flagged, my reclass gets halted again. If that happens, I get chaptered out. I have nothing to lose.

I know its my leadership that has put me in this state, and I know that if I get my reclass I will be able to find my motivation again, be able to get my drive back. I just need to escape this place. I know this is not just all in my head: my unit has the most IG complaints out of the entire division (my company leading out of that) for the same exact problems I'm having.

Please, I need help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">