• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Awol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aitmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My son was under huge pressure of not passing PT test at AIT, he graduated from the class, but not PT. He went AWOL in the beginning of June, but after couple of days we returned him to his unit. Week passed and he failed PT again (knee)... and he AWOLed again. Now, after a little bit more than a week he is thinking about turning himself in to Ft Knox.

Question. We are expecting OTH, but I feel and he tells me, that if he had a chance to get more time before PT, he would like to stay in the Army. Is there any possibility of re-classing?

Thank you

It's NOT up to your son. They will consider re-classing him if and only if the Army's need for that MOS outweighs your son's transgressions. Going AWOL not once but twice, is not going to help his chances.

Aitmom

Thank you.

Another question. He thinks that if they decide to discharge him, he will spend shorter time at Ft Knox than at his original AIT Army post. Is this true? Or should he return to AIT? He thinks it will take many months and when original (last AWOL) article hits it will be even worse.

The correct answer is the nearest military installation. However, other posters on here with more experience suggest Ft. Knox due to its experience in handling UA cases. The length of the process is unknowable at either location as there's many variables at play that will determine how long it would be before he's discharged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">