• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Awol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samginger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I have fiance that is in the army.
We've been together 11 months, and in October he failed a pee test and was made to do extra duty and get a dishonorable discharge. But he didn't stay and finish out his extra duty and left for 4 months and went to Texas and has been there for a month now. He recently got in a car wreck and of course they ran his name and found he had warrant. they took he to a base in Kentucky.
now here are my questions
-why didn't they send back to washington where he commited the crime?
-is he gonna be able to call me?
-how long will it take for him to get discharged?
-if he does get to call will it be his only call the entire time hes there?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Ladyback1

We've been together 11 months, and in October he failed a pee test and was made to do extra duty and get a dishonorable discharge. But he didn't stay and finish out his extra duty and left for 4 months and went to Texas and has been there for a month now. He recently got in a car wreck and of course they ran his name and found he had warrant. they took he to a base in Kentucky.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
I would suspect that the reason he went to Kentucky is because it was the closest base with a lock-up facility. He may not even be in Kentucky at this time.

I wouldn't worry about whether he will be able to call--I'd be more worried about making sure he has legal counsel. Because now, he's not only gonna have to deal w/ the drug issue, but also the AWOL charges (oh, and you might want to seek legal counsel yourself--you knew what was going on, and it could be argued you helped him ...)

ERAUPIKE

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Your boyfriend is going to have a very different experience because he was returned to military custody as a result of his warrant. He will remain in a jail type environment until the military sees fit to release him. He may be able to call you, but I wouldn't count on it happening very often.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">