• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

awol from ait

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

getsome92

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

i left ait in fort Gordon cause im an idiot i been gone for about 50 days they called my house when i first left but how do i know i am dfr so i can go to pcf can i go before im dfr . i would like to go as soon as i can i would really like to go back in i messed up i miss the army would they let me back in of course they would punish me im fine with that and more then likely give me a different mos to the needs of the army. has any one been to pcf and seen people go back in

Not the best choice to go AWOL and now you want back in?

Yes sometimes the Army will retain you, all depends on the Army.
AWOL for 30 days or more is a serious offense. The longer your gone the harder it is to explain away.

I doubt you will be retained, maybe detained for a small time then discharged.

You have the right ideal to turn yourself in ASAP.

Your bargaining chip will be the Army won't want to spend money to send you to court martial. Most likely you will sign a SILT or pretrial agreement.

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

i left ait in fort Gordon cause im an idiot i been gone for about 50 days they called my house when i first left but how do i know i am dfr so i can go to pcf can i go before im dfr . i would like to go as soon as i can i would really like to go back in i messed up i miss the army would they let me back in of course they would punish me im fine with that and more then likely give me a different mos to the needs of the army. has any one been to pcf and seen people go back in
AWOL is a serious offense, AWOL for 30 or more days is an aggravated form of AWOL.

Here is something you may want to think about on your way back to military custody. What will the Army get from retaining you?

getsome92

ok so being retained out of the question what will happen when i go to the pcf before my paper work gets their will i just sit their in a holding type unit doing details till it gets their or what

ERAUPIKE

ok so being retained out of the question what will happen when i go to the pcf before my paper work gets their will i just sit their in a holding type unit doing details till it gets their or what
You are kind of begging the question. How do you know where this paperwork is? Furthermore, what "paperwork" are you talking about?

AWOL is never the correct answer.

If you were AWOL for a longer period of time I would tell you that it dose not matter where you turn yourself in at, only that you do it ASAP.

Since you have only been AWOL for a small period of time and your hope is to be retained I would suggest you turn yourself in from where you went AWOL and beg forgiveness from your commanding officer ASAP.

Chances are at 30 days you have not been dropped from that units rolls and any paperwork will start with that command that you left. At 50 days they still may not have dropped you.

When you return you will be drug tested and charged with ARTICLE 112A if you test positive. So be clean when you turn yourself in.

"Hurry up and wait" is the unofficial motto for all the branches of service. So yes anywhere you go there will be an unnecessary delay. If you start showing that this delay is getting under your skin they will take even longer just to make you mad.

Remember your still under contract until you have been discharged, meaning the Army can really do what it sees fit to do with you. The first thing they will see fit to do is punish you for your crime of AWOL.

Don't be foolish, DISCHARGE CHARACTERIZATION WILL FOLLOW YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. So you might want to care and even fight for a better discharge.

There is no specific packet.

You have several rights your command must explain to you in writing. There are also several regulations your command must abide by before discharging you, they just can't kick you out there is a legal process.

To make it easier for command, the rights have been numerated in a "DFR packet" that requires you to initial next to each explained right and weather or not you waive that right.

You have several rights that must be considered.
One caveat would be that your command is required to tell you in writing the worse possible discharge you can receive. Another would be the right to an administrative separations board. The right to make a statement, to receive copies of documents, and more.

This all makes your discharge very neat, I's dotted and T's crossed, and prevents you from crying wolf later on to the DRB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">