• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AWOL from Korea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lakers24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

So im looking for some help here. Im trying to get discharged from the army through the PCF process. If I turn myself in once i am DFR will there be any problems with getting that chapter 10 at PCF? could i get sent back to korea even if i have been DFR? any help would be great.

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

So im looking for some help here. Im trying to get discharged from the army through the PCF process. If I turn myself in once i am DFR will there be any problems with getting that chapter 10 at PCF? could i get sent back to korea even if i have been DFR? any help would be great.
You will need to go to Fort Sill. The Army has no interest in retaining you. You need to return to military custody as soon as possible.

lakers24

if i turned myself in at carson would they just send me to the PCF right away? and is there anyway that my command in korea could make me come back even if i have been DFR? and what is the best way to find out if you are DFR? as soon as i find out i am i am going to turn myself in and get this behind me.

ERAUPIKE

if i turned myself in at carson would they just send me to the PCF right away? and is there anyway that my command in korea could make me come back even if i have been DFR? and what is the best way to find out if you are DFR? as soon as i find out i am i am going to turn myself in and get this behind me.
You can go to Ft. Carson and they will provide you with transportation to Ft. Sill for out processing. You can try calling some of the numbers in the sticky at the top of this forum or the GI Rights hotline to try to find out your status. There have been a handful of posters that have claimed that the PCF personell no longer disclose DFR status over the phone. If you have been gone for a significant amount of time, chances are you are DFR. If you are simply AWOL, then your unit has already replaced you. They have no interest in retaining you. If you have committed any crimes then expect to be held accountable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">