• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AWOL Returnee DD-214 question..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

outorami

What is the name of your state?

hello everyone, I went threw the hole awol/fort Sill. experience..and now it has been about 3.5 months and I finaly recieved my DD-214 stateing I was givin a Uncharactorized chap.10 in lue of court marshall, but along with my DD-214 I recieved a letter stateing...

" You are reassigned to the U.S.Army transition point shown for transition processing. After processing, you are discharted from the component shown. If you are delayed in reporting to the transition point, you still must report to the transistion point as soon as possible or as authorized to receive a new effective date of discharge."

Date of discharge unless changed or rescinded : 28 September 2007

I recieved my DD-214 on October 13th with this letter ( little late if I really needed to show up some where correct?)

So I am not sure if this is just a letter they send out to every one when they get there dd-214 as procedure or what the deal is...

all I know is once you get a DD-214 you are done...so..if any one recieved this letter as well...please let me know what the deal is thanks for your time...

redleg17

The wording of the "letter" sounds like military Orders. What was the report date on it? It should be fairly moot, they mailed you a DD-214 with a discharge date on it.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state?

hello everyone, I went threw the hole awol/fort Sill. experience..and now it has been about 3.5 months and I finaly recieved my DD-214 stateing I was givin a Uncharactorized chap.10 in lue of court marshall, but along with my DD-214 I recieved a letter stateing...

" You are reassigned to the U.S.Army transition point shown for transition processing. After processing, you are discharted from the component shown. If you are delayed in reporting to the transition point, you still must report to the transistion point as soon as possible or as authorized to receive a new effective date of discharge."

Date of discharge unless changed or rescinded : 28 September 2007

I recieved my DD-214 on October 13th with this letter ( little late if I really needed to show up some where correct?)

So I am not sure if this is just a letter they send out to every one when they get there dd-214 as procedure or what the deal is...

all I know is once you get a DD-214 you are done...so..if any one recieved this letter as well...please let me know what the deal is thanks for your time...

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE!

outorami

sorry shorty....I come from the great land of Lincoln...

yes they are orders 270-0670

it states what I have said above...and also

Reporting date : 28 september 2007
comp: REGULAR
Date of discharge unless changed or rescinded: 28 September 2007
additional instructions : Not applicable

For Army use
Auth: AR 635 -200

I recived this mid october..in a envalope stateing..this envelope contains official seperation papers. if I was supose to be there on the 28th..why am I getting then so late??

my DD-214 states

type of seperation : Discharge
charactor of service: Uncharacterized
Reentry code:4
seperation code: KFS separation authorit: AR 635:200 Chap.10
narrative reason for separation: In Lieu of trial by court-martial
and it states in record of service : SEPARATION DATE THIS PERIOD:2007-09-28

so it seems that I was transferred to the transition point for discharge..and they discharged me without being there.

so pretty much the only tihng I am confused about..is..I have a dd-214 stateing I am discharged with 00000000 years months days of reserve obligation...an it even states I was separated at fort sill, ok...so I am sure this letter they send along with it for transistion is just somthing they have to send with the dd-214...but I just want to make sure...last thing I need is another warrant out for my arrest..so..if any one knows or can explain what this letter is..please help...thank you for your time..

redleg17

The DD-214 is your documentation that you have Active Federal Service. EVERYONE also receives official orders discharging them from the service, that is what the letter is. I may be mistaken, but didn't you outprocess when you were at Sill? Orders tend to be done in a form-letter fashion, so that could explain the line telling you to report to a transition point for outprocessing. They MUST process orders to get you out... but you weren't there to receive them. If you have both discharge orders and a DD-214 in hand, you should be good. If you have any doubt, call the JAG office at the nearest military installation.

irql

re: outrami

its formality that's all they needed those orders cut so they could properly discharge you. redleg is correct. also the 00000000 days of reserve obligation means they can't call you up as they do with the IRR.

you're out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">