• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AWOL want to return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InfernoRiver

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Hello, after Spending two years in Germany I came home on PCS leave to get my wife and move her to Ft Hood where I was being stationed. When I got to the airport my wife was not there as was arranged. I figured something had come up and I just got a cab to the house. When I got home I went in and found my wife having sex with another man on our bed. I went crazy yelled screamed then went storming out I ended up driving all over the place and eventually found myself in Virginia where I am now It has been about 100 days from when I went on leave and 70 since I was supposed to report I talked to someone I knew from the unit I was going to be stationed at and he said that while they filled my Position nothing had been reported because they just thought my name had gotten shuffled into the fray and I had just been pushed to another unit. After now calming down I want to return to the Army but I am not sure what the best way to do this is.

Should I turn myself into Ft. Knox like most people?
Should I Contact HRC?
Should I proceed to Ft Knox for in processing?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Hello, after Spending two years in Germany I came home on PCS leave to get my wife and move her to Ft Hood where I was being stationed. When I got to the airport my wife was not there as was arranged. I figured something had come up and I just got a cab to the house. When I got home I went in and found my wife having sex with another man on our bed. I went crazy yelled screamed then went storming out I ended up driving all over the place and eventually found myself in Virginia where I am now It has been about 100 days from when I went on leave and 70 since I was supposed to report I talked to someone I knew from the unit I was going to be stationed at and he said that while they filled my Position nothing had been reported because they just thought my name had gotten shuffled into the fray and I had just been pushed to another unit. After now calming down I want to return to the Army but I am not sure what the best way to do this is.

Should I turn myself into Ft. Knox like most people?
Should I Contact HRC?
Should I proceed to Ft Knox for in processing?
Yes, you should return to military custody immediately.

ERAUPIKE

For what I want however who should I turn my self into?
What you want is irrelevant. Your story, although heart wrenching, is not justification for going AWOL. Turn yourself in and throw yourself on the mercy of the system. The reality is, that story has been told countless times in this forum and to the cadre in charge of out processing. Don't be surprised if they don't fall over themselves to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">