• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AWOL, want to turn myself in, need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadviceawol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I'm writing this thread because i'm currently AWOL from the army. I've been in for three years and I did a tour in afghanistan, and i was just recently stationed in germany. I went on block leave for two weeks in early august and just never went back. I'm aware that since I am from OCONUS i need to end up at the PCF in Ft Sill since they closed the one in kentucky. My question is, how do I get there? I don't have the money to get there or back, and there is no one i can borrow it from. The closest major military base is ft drum, but that's a good 5 hour drive from here and i dont have the means to get myself up there. There is an airbase not too far from the town i'm in that the army uses as it's MEPs location for this area. Can I turn myself in there and they'll send me to oklahoma? or will that not work since it's an airforce base?

SHORTY LONG

:eek:
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I'm writing this thread because i'm currently AWOL from the army. I've been in for three years and I did a tour in afghanistan, and i was just recently stationed in germany. I went on block leave for two weeks in early august and just never went back. I'm aware that since I am from OCONUS i need to end up at the PCF in Ft Sill since they closed the one in kentucky. My question is, how do I get there? I don't have the money to get there or back, and there is no one i can borrow it from. The closest major military base is ft drum, but that's a good 5 hour drive from here and i dont have the means to get myself up there. There is an airbase not too far from the town i'm in that the army uses as it's MEPs location for this area. Can I turn myself in there and they'll send me to oklahoma? or will that not work since it's an airforce base?
A: https://forum.freeadvice.com/military-law-92/fyi-important-telephone-numbers-military-awolers-deserters-379094.html :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">