• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blocked from Applying to be an Officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yerbigpops

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am in the CA Air National Guard. I am an enlisted member, and joined under the promise that I could become an officer at any time, since I have a 4 year degree. They told me to join now so I could get some good training while I wait for a spot to open up in my unit. I am currently trying to submit a package for some open positions, but am being blatantly blocked by my superiors. They are short on manning and do not want me to leave. I was also lied to about many other things in the recruitment office, and my excited motivation has now turned to bitter disdain since coming back from technical training. I simply don't want to be here, and I am quite possibly going to be stuck on a 7 month deployment next year with a job that was supposed to be temporary. My civilian career will suffer and my family will greatly suffer for something that was intended to be 1 weekend a month, with the possibility of 3 month deployments, which I was on board with.

What are my legal options?
What ramifications would I face if I stopped attending drill for good in California?

Thank you for your time.

SHORTY LONG

Do you have that promise in writing? You spoke about the "lies" from Recruiters; be mindful that is just what they are! Again, do you have anything in writing that is not being honored? If so, then you may have an out because your enlistment is a "Contract."

Moreover, the ramifications for not fulfilling your part of the 'Contract,' could possibly be severe enough to negatively effect your entire life forever!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">