• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stimedic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, currently in Korea

I enlisted into the army under ACASP which is acquired civilian skills, i was brought in as a e4 and was to skip part of my AIT training. While in basic i was told due to the program i came in under that i would not be attending AIT and was given orders for my duty station in Korea. After being here for 7 months i received an email saying i was not MOS qualified and i would have to declass or separate. Now this week i am being told that i will have to go back to AIT, but they don't know when yet. I have been a firefighter /paramedic for 10 years civilian and am on military leave from my fire dept. My question is, is there any breach of contract due to them sending me to korea , a permanent duty station, before sending me to AIT like i was originally supposed to do, and now being sent back after working and being MOS qualified for 7 months and now having it taken and being sent back. At this point I am would like to find out if i have any case here for separation, and go back to my fire dept.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, currently in Korea

I enlisted into the army under ACASP which is acquired civilian skills, i was brought in as a e4 and was to skip part of my AIT training. While in basic i was told due to the program i came in under that i would not be attending AIT and was given orders for my duty station in Korea. After being here for 7 months i received an email saying i was not MOS qualified and i would have to declass or separate. Now this week i am being told that i will have to go back to AIT, but they don't know when yet. I have been a firefighter /paramedic for 10 years civilian and am on military leave from my fire dept. My question is, is there any breach of contract due to them sending me to korea , a permanent duty station, before sending me to AIT like i was originally supposed to do, and now being sent back after working and being MOS qualified for 7 months and now having it taken and being sent back. At this point I am would like to find out if i have any case here for separation, and go back to my fire dept.

Read this:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/getout5.htm

CJane

They offered you the opportunity to separate, right? So why are you asking if you can separate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">