• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Guard Unit hold you when you move out of state for their own benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hdw

I am currently apart of the Florida Air National Guard. I originally come from the 106 RQW. Due to financial and marital issues I have had to come back to NY and live with my parents to get back on my feet and try to make things work with my spouse. Before making the move I told my unit in Florida the 125 FW that I was moving back to NY and to see if they will release me back to my old unit. When I sat down with my supervisors and my commander I was told that they are not going to release me but will work out UTAs with me. However, when I joined this unit I signed and overage form, and the have more people now then when I joined but they say they have no manning. I am trying to gather information on my options and find if this is even legal.

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

You have left out how you went from 106 RQW (NY) to become part of the Florida Air National Guard; and how long do you have left on your contract? Aside this, you have the right to speak with legal, in which you should do ASAP. Otherwise, you may well end up in being screwed and tattooed with, "ever lasting severe consequences".

hdw

You have left out how you went from 106 RQW (NY) to become part of the Florida Air National Guard; and how long do you have left on your contract? Aside this, you have the right to speak with legal, in which you should do ASAP. Otherwise, you may well end up in being screwed and tattooed with, "ever lasting severe consequences".
I moved down to Florida to try to start a life with my spouse, and to the Guard I have 2 1/2 years left

SHORTY LONG

Your six belongs to Uncle Sam. Hereinafter, unless you have bona fide Orders authorizing your sunshine state move you have broken a link in the chain and are in violation of many Articles under the UCMJ!

I moved down to Florida to try to start a life with my spouse, and to the Guard I have 2 1/2 years left

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">