• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be investigated after I retire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adcd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am retired and CID contacted me about an allegation from when I was active. Do I have to talk to them? What jurisdiction do they have over me?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am retired and CID contacted me about an allegation from when I was active. Do I have to talk to them? What jurisdiction do they have over me?
CID does not charge individuals with crimes; instead, CID investigates allegations and turns official findings over to the appropriate command and legal authority for disposition and adjudication. CID exercises jurisdiction over military personnel who are suspected of offenses under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as well as civilian personnel when there is probable cause to believe the person has committed an offense under the criminal laws of the United States with a nexus to the U.S. Army.

xylene

don't be an ostrich.

You are being called in for questioning.

You need your own lawyer to advise you on your options.

Somply not going, at least with the advice of your own lawyer would be insane.

This is not going to blow over, you need to be proactive now.

FlyingRon

Even if they don't take criminal action against you, if it's some allegation of overpayment of some benefit, etc... they can dock you civilly.
A lawyer would be a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">