• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAN I JOIN THE MILITARY WITH A FELONY n a DUI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albertoleona

Hello all, I'm curious, I'm 20 years old, I was convicted of a Felony (Criminal Tresspassing) when I was 18, and on top of that I got a DUI last year when I was 19, my probation officer didn't revoked my probation, I'm not a US citizen, I'm originally from Peru, I'm a permanent resident, when I was 17 I was planning about joinning the military, I talked to a marine and a navy recruter, I Wanted to join the navy but didn't have support from my loved ones (parents, siblings, fiance) so I didn't join, now I'm currently on probation, and I have probation until next August.. for the felony I got sentenced to 30 days jail and a 3 years probation, I was just wondering if there's still any way I could join the military... thanks..

p.s : I have a high school diploma and went 2 years to a technical school, thanks again

FlyingRon

You'll need a waiver to get in with such a criminal history. How likely it is will depend on the situation.

You are not even going to be considered until you are free of any probation or other restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">