• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a NG unit still keep on the books even though you participated for over 3 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UCIghostsolider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I was in the national guard during college with the intention of going active and being an officer. During my senior year back in 2008 the guard unit refused to release me to go be an officer because they were deploying soon. I had no objection deploying to Iraq but the idea of being enlisted as a college graduate offended me espically since back then the Army was experiencing an officer shortage and was allowing anyone with a degree and a pulse to be an officer. I was offered a more lucrative job abroad than that of Army private and took it however I still kept in touch with some soldiers in my old unit.

Ive recently been informed by someone in my old unit that I was still on the books as a private 3 years after I stopped participating and was wondering if a national guard unit can still keep me on the books without at least moving me into IRR?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">