• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating Military Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscshunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My wife is currently in the coast guard. I found out she cheated on me in November of last year, but couldn't get any credible proof. We were in fights constantly about it and she then became physically violent in early January and after police got involved she was under investigation for domestic violence. They didn't allow her to stay at our home for a month. During this time I found out that she was again cheating and living with another man. I have recorded phone calls and text messages of her admitting to this. By the end of February I decided it was best that I get a divorce and move away from this environment. Today I got text messages from her lover messaging me how she cheated on him and he sent me videos and pictures of them having oral and sexual intercourse to get back at her. I feel this will be enough to get her charged with a article 134.

We are still married but I have the final divorce paperwork ready to be sent in to the clerks office. Also she owes me money. She sent me half today, and said she would send the other half at the end of the month. How long can I wait to act on this? And does it matter if I finalize the divorce before or after? And who do I need to contact to charge her and turn over this information to?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My wife is currently in the coast guard. I found out she cheated on me in November of last year, but couldn't get any credible proof. We were in fights constantly about it and she then became physically violent in early January and after police got involved she was under investigation for domestic violence. They didn't allow her to stay at our home for a month. During this time I found out that she was again cheating and living with another man. I have recorded phone calls and text messages of her admitting to this. By the end of February I decided it was best that I get a divorce and move away from this environment. Today I got text messages from her lover messaging me how she cheated on him and he sent me videos and pictures of them having oral and sexual intercourse to get back at her. I feel this will be enough to get her charged with a article 134.

We are still married but I have the final divorce paperwork ready to be sent in to the clerks office. Also she owes me money. She sent me half today, and said she would send the other half at the end of the month. How long can I wait to act on this? And does it matter if I finalize the divorce before or after? And who do I need to contact to charge her and turn over this information to?
Is it really in anyone's best interest for you to attempt to get her charged with article 134, or is it revenge you are after? Do you have children together and if so, is it in their best interest to have their other parent's ability to earn a living irreparably damaged?

chriscshunter

Is it really in anyone's best interest for you to attempt to get her charged with article 134, or is it revenge you are after? Do you have children together and if so, is it in their best interest to have their other parent's ability to earn a living irreparably damaged?
I am very grateful for the response. We have no children thank God. Originally I had no intention and had moved on to counseling and requested she did the same. Since then she has only continued to get worse and say and do the most vile things I've ever heard in my life. I feel it is in her best interest and everyone around her, that this is reported. I served my 4 years honorably, and seen people go down for less. Once she has paid me back at the end of this month I would prefer she didn't see a cent more of my tax dollars go into her pocket. The way I see it she is already irreparably damaged, and shouldn't be allowed to put on a uniform and especially not carry a firearm. Anyone who knew the depth of just how horribly damaged this woman is mentally would know that she does not belong in the armed forces or on the street for that matter.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Anyone who knew the depth of just how horribly damaged this woman is mentally would know that she does not belong in the armed forces or on the street for that matter.

And yet you married her.

Tell me, was she this "horribly damaged" before she cheated on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">