• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civilian Extorted Money by Air Force Reservist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaybee764

What is the name of your state? CA

I was extorted out of $3000 by my ex girlfriend, who is an active USAF Reservist. Who do I contact in the Air Force/Military in order to file charges against her? I am a civilian and I am in the process of filing charges against her with civilian legal authorities as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

TYRIS

jaybee764 said:

I was extorted out of $3000 by my ex girlfriend, who is an active USAF Reservist. Who do I contact in the Air Force/Military in order to file charges against her? I am a civilian and I am in the process of filing charges against her with civilian legal authorities as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

-What exactly did she do?

Tyris

jaybee764

She typed up a document requiring me to pay her $1000 a month (this went for 3 months, that's why its $3000). If I didn't she threatened to go to the civilian police to charge me for assault. (Which was not true because she ended up filing charges and the civilian police investigated the charges and concluded to close the investigation)

badapple40

Did she type up the document on a reserve weekend? Or, was she called to active duty and typed up the document at that time?

And, did you sign this document?

fozzy2

jaybee764 said:

Thank you
The most logical route would be to write a letter to her commanding officer. The unit she belongs to can be found by calling the national locator.

Anyone can report what they believe to be a violation of the UCMJ. When the command gets your report, they will investigate it to see if the UCMJ has jurisdiction and if a violation took place. They will then act accordingly. It might be determined that the UCMJ is not applicable in this case, or they may wait until the civilian criminal process has ended before deciding what to do. If she is found guilty of a felony in civilian court, the military will probably just quickly give her an administrative discharge. Unless there is some strong military connection, the military will likely let the civilian system sort it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">